Home Page
New Freshman
New Transfers
Nontraditional Schools & Credit Recovery Program
New International
Walk On

Prospective Freshman Student-Athletes

If you are a current high school student considering playing an intercollegiate sport, you must apply with the NCAA Eligibility Center and meet initial eligibility requirements. All students graduating in 2008 and later must fulfill the following:

16 Core Courses in the following areas:
4 units/credits English
3 units/credits Math
2 units/credits Natural/Physical Science
2 units/credits Social Science
4 units/credits Additional Core
1 Additional English/math/or physical science

You must also present a Core GPA that corresponds with your ACT or SAT score (for example, if you have a 2.50 Core GPA, you will need an 820 SAT or 17 composite ACT). If you have a lower GPA, you will need a higher test score. Only tests taken on National Testing Dates will be accepted by the NCAA.

Please refer to this site and the Division I and II initial eligibility standards for additional information:

NCAA Eligibility Center

As a prospective student-athlete at a Division I or II institution, you have certain responsibilities to attend to before you may participate in collegiate athletics. One of them is to make sure that you register with the NCAA Initial Eligibility Center. The NCAA Eligibility Center upon your graduation from high school will determine your initial eligibility based upon your academic record.

In order to participate in athletics and receive athletically based financial aid you must register with the Eligibility Center and meet eligibility standards. If you wish to register on-line with the Eligibility Center, you must have a valid VISA or MasterCard. Individuals unable to file electronically should complete a paper version of the Student Release Form available from your high school counselor.

Log on to the following website:
Click on Prospective Student-Athletes Then on the left of the screen click on Registration Form for U.S. Students You will be asked to fill out a form, and pay a $30 fee.

You need to make sure that your high school academic counselor sends your FINAL high school transcript and test scores to the Eligibility Center (address below). Transcripts or test scores MAY NOT be sent via fax.

NCAA Eligibility Center
Certification Processing
PO Box 7136
Indianapolis, IN 46207-7136
Toll Free 1-877-262-1492

Pepsi Blue Square Restaurant USU Charter Credit Union Icon Health & Fitness Utah State Online Education
Utah State University Campus Store