Dec. 31, 2012
SAN MARCOS, Texas -
* Utah State improves to 11-1 for the first time since 2008-09 and just the fifth time in school history.
* The Aggies have now won 10 games in a row and it is USU's eighth win streak of at least 10 games under head coach Stew Morrill and the third time in the last four years with at least a 10-game win streak.
* USU is 2-0 to start to WAC play for the first time since 2010-11 and its fourth 2-0 beginning to WAC action in its eight years in the league, also doing so in 2008-09 and 2007-08 in addition to 2010-11.
Utah State is 4-0 on the road this season and has won its last six road games as part of 25 of its last 38 road games (.658) dating back to the 2009-10 season and is 103-81 (.560) in road games under head coach Stew Morrill, including a 72-45 (.615) record against conference opponents and a 35-22 (.614) mark against WAC teams.
Utah State has won 39 of its last 46 WAC games (.848) and is 64-15 (.810) against teams from the WAC during the last six seasons. Overall, USU has an 85-27 (.759) regular-season WAC record in its eight years in the league.
Utah State ends December play with a 7-0 mark in the month and USU is 89-23 (.795) during the month of December under Morrill, which includes a 16-19 (.457) record on the road. The Aggies played on New Year's Eve for the second-straight season after playing at Mississippi State on Dec. 31 last season, and USU is now 4-3 (.571) in known games played on Dec. 31.
* USU played on a Monday for the first time this season, and for the first time since March 1, 2010, improving to 16-6 (.727) in games played on Monday under Morrill.
* Utah State has topped the 80-point mark three times this season, and Monday's 81 points were shy of its season-high 86 points against Western Oregon and USU has now scored 80 points in two of its four games this season, scoring 80 in an OT win at Santa Clara on Nov. 28.
* The Aggies topped the 70-point mark for the fifth-straight game, winning all five and USU is now 8-0 this season when scoring at least 70 points and USU has won 84 of its last 89 games (.944) when reaching 70 points and is 226-30 (.883) all-time under Morrill when scoring 70 points in a game.
* USU's 50 second-half points were its most in any half this season and most in a half since 60 in the first half of the Oakland game last year in the CIT semifinals.
* Utah State is now 9-0 this season and have won 75 of its last 77 games (.974) when leading at the half. Over the last 13 years, USU is 282-25 (.919) when holding a lead at intermission.
* Monday's 51.7 percent (30-of-58) field goal shooting performance Monday was the Aggies' third-straight game shooting better than 50 percent from the field and seventh in the last eight games, as well as for the eighth time this season.
* USU made a season-high 11 three-pointers Monday, the Aggies' most since 12 against Oakland in last season's CIT semifinal.
* The Aggies' 26 three-pointers attempted was also a season-high and the most since 26 against Long Beach State on Dec. 7, 2010.
* Utah State's 21 assists Monday were its fourth game with 20+ assists, and tied for its second-most of the season behind 23 assists in Western Oregon game.
* Junior guard Preston Medlin posted his fourth-straight game scoring in double-figures, in addition to his ninth game in double-digits this year and the 41st of his career with his 21 points Monday.
* Medlin, who wears jersey #13, netted the Aggies' 13th point on his three-pointer of game, for his second-straight game with three or more three-pointers and third in the last four games after not netting more than two treys in a game in USU's first eight games of the season. Medlin now has 24 career games with three or more treys.
* It was Medin's third 20+ point outing in the last four games and third of the season and 16th of his career.
* Medlin moves up to No. 7 on USU's career three-point FG's made list, now with 136.
* Junior guard/forward Spencer Butterfield posted a season-high 17 points, scoring in double-figures for the fourth game in a row and fifth in last six games played.
* With three three-pointers Monday, Butterfield has had multi-three-pointers in a game five times, including his third with three or more treys.
* Butterfield also dished out a career-high nine assists Monday.
* Junior center Jarred Shaw scored in double-figures for the second-consecutive game and ninth time this season with 17 points Monday, remaining tied with Medlin for the team lead.
* Junior guard TeNale Roland tied his career-high with two made three-pointers.
* Junior forward Marvin Jean tied his career-high for the third time with five rebounds, all in the last five games.
* Freshman guard Marcel Davis dished out six assists Monday, one shy of his career-high and his sixth game with three or more helpers.
* Senior forward Kyisean Reed took a charge Monday, and he's now second on the team with two drawn charges.
* Reed and Shaw had one dunk each Monday, and Reed now leads the team with 10 jams while Shaw is second with five.
Jalen Moore to Remove Name ...
LOGAN, Utah – Utah State senior wing Jalen Moore announced on Thursday that he will remove ...05/19/2016
USU Men’s Basketball ...
LOGAN, Utah - The Aggie Basketball Camps are only a month away and campers should contact the...05/17/2016
Utah State Men's Basketball...
LOGAN, Utah - Utah State men’s basketball head coach announced the signing of Diogo Brito (...05/15/2016
Utah State Men’s...
LOGAN, Utah - Utah State head men’s basketball coach Tim Duryea announced on Saturday the...04/23/2016
Aggie Men Reunite In Hopes ...
Seven former Utah State men’s basketball players have united to compete in the 2016 The...04/21/2016
Utah State Men’s...
LOGAN, Utah - Utah State head men’s basketball coach Tim Duryea announced on Wednesday the ...04/13/2016
Utah State Basketball Camp ...
LOGAN, Utah - Utah State men’s basketball will host three camps this summer and...04/11/2016
Utah State Men's Basketball...
With the end of the NCAA men's basketball season, here is a look back at the 2015-16 season for...04/05/2016
Official Aggie Gear