Jan. 4, 2014
LOGAN, Utah -
* Utah State won its 24th-straight home league opener.
* Utah State improved to 9-1 at home this season and has now won 72 of its last 82 home games.
* Utah State improved to 233-23 at home under head coach Stew Morrill, including a 128-13 record in conference games.
* Utah State improved to 2-1 this year and 76-28 over the last 14 years following a loss.
* Utah State improved to 52-21 all-time against San José State, including a 31-4 home record. Overall, USU has won 13 straight games played in the series and 34 of the last 38, including 23 straight at home.
* Utah State improved to 93-31 during the month of January under Morrill, including a 55-6 home record.
* Utah State improved to 130-32 against teams from the state of California during the last 13 years, including a 75-9 home record.
* Utah State improved to 10-1 on the season when leading at the half and has now won 94 of its last 97 games when leading at the half. Under Morrill, USU is now 301-26 when leading at the half.
* Utah State improved to 10-2 on the season and 243-33 under Morrill when scoring at least 70 points.
* Utah State improved to 10-1 this year when it shoots better from the field than its opponent.
* Utah State improved to 9-2 on the season when it out-rebounds its opponent and has now out-rebounded eight opponents this year by double-figures after posting a 42-22 advantage against SJSU. Overall, USU's 42 rebounds are its third-most this year.
* Utah State shot 52.7 percent overall (29-55), marking the seventh time this year it has shot at least 50 percent from the field.
* Utah State's 22 assists are its second-most this year and marks the sixth time this year it has recorded at least 20 assists, including in each of its last four games.
* Utah State had seven blocks, marking the ninth time this year that USU has had at least five blocks in a game.
* Utah State made double-digit three-pointers (10) for the fourth time this year and second time in as many games. USU also tied its season-high for three-point shooting at 71.4 percent (10-14) and has now shot over 50 percent from behind the arc in four games this year.
* Utah State had five players score in double-figures for the first time since Jan. 5, 2013 against Idaho, a span of 32 games.
* San José State's 15 made three-pointers and 35 three-point attempts are both season-highs for a USU opponent. Overall, SJSU's 15 made treys are the most against USU since Nov. 26, 2005 when Lewis & Clark College was 17-of-41 from three-point range. The 35 three-pointers are the most by a USU opponent since Oakland shot 35 treys on March 25, 2012.
* San José State shot 42.9 percent from three-point range (15-35) and is just the third team this year to shot at least 40 percent from three-point range against USU joining Pacific (.455) and UC Santa Barbara (.429).
* San José State's four made free throws and six free throw attempts are both season-lows for a USU opponent.
* San José State's eight blocks are a season-high for a USU opponent.
* Senior guard TeNale Roland scored in double-figures for the second time this year and ninth time in his career with his career-high 20 points. Roland also had career-highs in three-pointers made (5) and field goals made (7).
* Sophomore forward Kyle Davis recorded his fifth double-double of the season, including his third-straight, with 13 points and 12 rebounds, as he has now scored in double-figures eighth times this year and recorded double-digit rebounds six times.
* Senior guard Preston Medlin scored in double-figures for the 10th time this year and 56th time in his career with his 15 points. Overall, Medlin now has 1,169 points in his career moving ahead of Jimmy Moore (1,165) and into 24th-place on USU's all-time scoring list. Medlin also tied his career-high with eight assists.
* Senior guard/forward Spencer Butterfield scored in double-figures for the 12th time this year and 28th time in his career with his 14 points.
* Freshman forward Jalen Moore scored in double-figures for the third time this year and for the third time in his last four games with his 10 points.
* Sophomore guard Marcel Davis had a season-high three steals.
Last-Second Shot Doesn't...
A last-second shot by Jalen Moore didn't fall on Thursday afternoon as Utah State suffered a 67-6...03/12/2015
Utah State Opens Mountain...
Utah State will begin its run in the Mountain West tournament as the No. 5 seed and face No. 4...03/10/2015
Utah State Trio Earn All-Mo...
LOGAN, Utah - Utah State men's basketball was recognized with three awards as the Mountain West...03/10/2015
Utah State Leads MW in...
LOGAN, Utah - Utah State men's basketball leads the Mountain West in defensive 3-point field goal...03/08/2015
David Collette Named...
LOGAN, Utah - Members of the media that cover the 11 Mountain West men's basketball teams...03/08/2015
Utah State Men's Basketball...
LOGAN, Utah - Utah State men's basketball overcame preseason predictions, where the team was...03/08/2015
Utah State Suffers 75-70...
LOGAN, Utah - Utah State men's basketball led for most of the second half, but faltered over the ...03/07/2015
More Than 50 Former Aggies ...
LOGAN, Utah - More than 50 former Utah State men's basketball players and coaches will converge...03/06/2015
Official Aggie Gear