LOGAN, Utah -
UTAH STATE MEN’S BASKETBALL
Post-Game Notes vs. New Mexico (1/4/17)
* Utah State is now 5-3 at home this season and 15-9 at home under head coach Tim Duryea.
* Utah State improves to 5-5 this season and 18-7 under Duryea when out-rebounding its opponent as the Aggies had a 31-29 advantage on the boards.
* Utah State improves to 7-3 this season and 21-5 under Duryea when scoring 70 or more points in a game.
* Utah State had four players score in double-figures for the seventh time this year and is now 4-3 in those games.
* Utah State’s 19 assists are its third-most in a game this season.
* Utah State tied its season-high with nine steals (9 vs. Idaho State).
* Utah State shot 45.5 percent from 3-point range (10-22), marking the fourth time this year it has made at least 10 treys in a game. Overall, USU is now 3-1 this season when making at least 10 treys in a game. Furthermore, USU’s 45.5 percent shooting from behind the arc is its second-best performance of the season (50.0 vs. Weber State).
* Utah State’s bench had a 16-11 advantage tonight and USU is now 5-3 this season when its bench out-scores its opponents bench.
* New Mexico shot 52.8 percent (28-53) and is just the third team this season to shot 50 percent or better from the field against USU. The last time USU won a game when its opponent shot 50 percent from the field was against Weber State on Nov. 26, 2013, as USU won the game 77-71. Since that game, USU had lost 15 straight games when its opponent shots 50 percent from the field prior to tonight.
* Senior wing Jalen Moore scored 20 points for his fifth 20-point game this season and the 15th of his career. For Moore, it is also his third-straight game scoring at least 20 points, which is the longest streak of his career. Moore has now scored in double-figures in 27 straight games dating back to last season, in 39 of his last 40 games dating back to last season, and in 75 games in his career, which is tied with Dean Hunger (1977-80) and for ninth all-time in school history. Moore also had seven rebounds, marking the eighth time this year and 62nd time in his career he has grabbed at least five boards in a game. Moore also tied his season-high with two steals.
* With his 20 points, Moore now has 1,367 career points to rank 17th all-time in school history. Moore is now just one point shy of tying Preston Medlin (2010-14) for 16th-place all-time in school history with 1,368 career points. For his career, Moore played in his 108th career game tonight, which is tied with Preston Bailess (1976-79) for 18th-place all-time in school history.
* Freshman guard Koby McEwen scored in double-figures for the sixth-straight game and 11th time this season with his 18 points as he was 12-of-16 at the free throw line, both of which are season-highs. He also had five rebounds, marking the ninth time this season he has grabbed at least five boards in a game.
* Freshman guard Sam Merrill scored in double-figures for the third time this season with 13 points and added a season-best eight assists and a season-high three steals in a season-high 36 minutes in his first career start.
* Sophomore forward Quinn Taylor had a season-high 10 points as he has now scored in double-figures four times in his career.
* Redshirt sophomore wing Alexis Dargenton had seven rebounds, marking the eighth time this year he has grabbed at least five boards in a game. Dargenton also took his first charge of the season.
Utah State Set to Begin MW ...03/06/2017
Jalen Moore Has...
LOGAN, Utah – When Jalen Moore first came to Utah State, he didn’t know how good he...03/06/2017
Senior Guard Connor Garner ...
LOGAN, Utah – It was a moment that most kids dream of. The home crowd was chanting his name...03/06/2017
Koby McEwen Unanimous...
LOGAN, Utah – Utah State freshman guard Koby McEwen was a unanimous selection for the...03/05/2017
USU Men’s Basketball ...
LOGAN, Utah - Utah State men’s basketball will enter the Mountain West Men’s...03/05/2017
Utah State Men's Basketball...
LAS VEGAS, Nev. - Utah State men’s basketball (13-16, 7-11 Mountain West) lost 66-59 to...03/02/2017
Utah State Punctuates...02/27/2017
Utah State Earns 89-58...
LOGAN, Utah - Utah State men’s basketball (13-15, 7-10 Mountain West) won 89-58 against Air...02/25/2017
Official Aggie Gear