LOGAN, Utah -
UTAH STATE MEN’S BASKETBALL
Post-Game Notes vs. UNLV (1/7/17)
* Utah State is now 6-3 at home this season and 16-9 at home under head coach Tim Duryea.
* Utah State improves to 6-4 this season and 19-7 under Duryea when out-rebounding its opponent as the Aggies had a 41-32 advantage on the boards. In all, USU has now out-rebounded eight of its last nine opponents.
* Utah State improves to 8-3 this season and 22-5 under Duryea when scoring 70 or more points in a game. USU also improved to 5-1 this season and 15-1 under Duryea when allowing less than 70 points.
* Utah State’s 20 assists are tied for its second-most in a game this season and it is the third time this year that USU has dished out at least 20 assists in a game.
* Utah State’s 16 turnovers are its second-most in a game this year.
* Utah State shot 52.6 percent from the field (30-57), marking the fifth time this season it has shot 50 percent from the field and USU is 5-0 in those games.
* Utah State shot a season-high 61.9 percent from 3-point range (13-21), as its 13 made treys are tied for the most in a game this season (13 at Air Force). Overall, those 13 made 3-pointers are tied for the third-most in a game in school history.
* Utah State has now made 10 or more 3-pointers in each of its last three games, which is the longest streak of double-digit made treys since USU did so in four-straight games late in the season last year.
* Utah State’s six made free throws are tied for its season-low (6 vs. BYU), while its 10 free throw attempts are a season-low. In fact, USU had made double-digit free throws in eight straight games prior to today.
* Utah State held UNLV to just 36.9 percent shooting (24-65), marking the sixth time this year USU has held its opponent under 40 percent shooting. USU also held UNLV to just 16.7 percent shooting from behind the 3-point line (3-18), marking the seventh time this year that USU has held its opponent to less than 30 percent shooting from behind the arc.
* Senior wing Jalen Moore scored 12 points and has now scored in double-figures in 28 straight games dating back to last season, in 40 of his last 41 games dating back to last season, and in 76 games in his career, which ranks ninth all-time in school history. Moore also had six rebounds, marking the ninth time this year and 63rd time in his career he has grabbed at least five boards in a game.
* With his 12 points, Moore now has 1,379 career points to move ahead of Preston Medlin (1,367) and into 16th-place all-time in school history.
* For his career, Moore played in his 109th career game tonight, which ranks 18th all-time in school history.
* Freshman guard Koby McEwen scored in double-figures for the seventh-straight game and 12th time this season with his career-high 28 points as he made a career-best 10 field goals, including a career-high-tying five 3-pointers. Those 28 points are tied with Jaycee Carroll for the most in a single-game in school history by a true freshman as Carroll scored 28 points at home against UC Santa Barbara during the 2004-05 season. McEwen also had a career-high seven rebounds, marking the 10th time this season he has grabbed at least five boards in a game. McEwen also tied his career-high with six assists for the third time this year.
* Freshman guard Sam Merrill scored in double-figures for the fourth time this season with 14 points and added a career-best five rebounds.
* Redshirt sophomore wing Alexis Dargenton had seven rebounds, marking the ninth time this year he has grabbed at least five boards in a game.
Utah State Set to Begin MW ...03/06/2017
Jalen Moore Has...
LOGAN, Utah – When Jalen Moore first came to Utah State, he didn’t know how good he...03/06/2017
Senior Guard Connor Garner ...
LOGAN, Utah – It was a moment that most kids dream of. The home crowd was chanting his name...03/06/2017
Koby McEwen Unanimous...
LOGAN, Utah – Utah State freshman guard Koby McEwen was a unanimous selection for the...03/05/2017
USU Men’s Basketball ...
LOGAN, Utah - Utah State men’s basketball will enter the Mountain West Men’s...03/05/2017
Utah State Men's Basketball...
LAS VEGAS, Nev. - Utah State men’s basketball (13-16, 7-11 Mountain West) lost 66-59 to...03/02/2017
Utah State Punctuates...02/27/2017
Utah State Earns 89-58...
LOGAN, Utah - Utah State men’s basketball (13-15, 7-10 Mountain West) won 89-58 against Air...02/25/2017
Official Aggie Gear