Jan. 11, 2010
Box Score |
LOGAN, Utah -
UTAH STATE BASKETBALL
USU vs. Hawaii - 1/11/10
* Utah State's 44-point win is its largest since it defeated Loyola Marymount by 45 points (87-42) at home on Dec. 30, 2004. It is also USU's largest conference win in school history better the 39-point victory (50-11) against Montana State in a Rocky Mountain Conference game during the 1918-19 season. USU's previous largest WAC win was an 80-42 (38) victory at Idaho on Feb. 15, 2006.
* The 98 points scored by USU are its most since it beat Lewis-Clark College, 102-65, on Nov. 26, 2005. It is also the most points scored in a conference game since it defeated North Texas, 102-76, on Feb. 28, 1998 in Logan.
* Utah State improved to 4-2 on the year and 56-18 during the last 11 years following a loss.
* Utah State has now won six straight home games and 58 of its last 60 overall dating back to the 2005-06 season. USU has also won 17 straight WAC games at home and 26 of its last 27 at home overall.
* Utah State is now 168-13 at home under head coach Stew Morrill, which includes an 85-8 record against conference opponents and a 30-3 WAC mark.
* Utah State improved to 10-2 on the season and 218-23 over the last 11 years when leading at the half.
* Utah State improved to 6-1 this year and 145-12 under Coach Morrill when holding its opponents under 60 points.
* Utah State has now out-rebounded 15 of its 17 opponents this year.
* Utah State shot a season-high 61.8 percent from the field and a season-high 68.8 percent from three-point range. USU also made a season-high 34 field goals.
* Utah State tied its season-highs in both blocks (7) and steals (9).
* The 54 first-half points scored by Utah State are its most since it scored 56 first-half points against Drake on Nov. 18, 2006.
* Tai Wesley scored in double-figures for the 14th time this year and 58th time in his career. He also has 998 career points and is just two points shy of becoming the 34th player in school history to score 1,000 points. Wesley also had his team-leading fifth dunk tonight.
* Jared Quayle scored in double-figures for the ninth time this year and 34th time in his career. He also tied his season-high with two steals. Quayle also had five assists in the game to give him 204 for his career as he is the 26th player in school history to notch 200 career assists.
* Nate Bendall scored in double-figures for the 10th time this year.
* Tyler Newbold tied his season-high with 15 points as he scored in double-figures for the eighth time this year and 28th time in his career. He also tied a school-record for three-point shooting in a game as he was 5-of-5 from behind the arc. All-time he is the fourth-player in school history to shoot 1.000 percent from three-point range with a minimum of five attempts.
* Brady Jardine had a career-high four blocks and tied his career-high with two steals. He also tied his season-high with eight rebounds and recorded his team-leading fifth dunk of the year.
* Jaxon Myaer played a season-high 18 minutes and Tyrone White tied his season-high with two assists.