Jan. 15, 2014
LOGAN, Utah -
* Utah State improved to 10-1 at home this season and has now won 73 of its last 83 home games.
* Utah State improved to 234-23 at home under head coach Stew Morrill, including a 129-13 record in conference games.
* Utah State improved to 3-1 this year and 77-28 over the last 14 years following a loss.
* Utah State improved to 94-31 during the month of January under Morrill, including a 56-6 home record.
* Utah State improved to 11-1 on the season when leading at the half and has now won 95 of its last 98 games when leading at the half. Under Morrill, USU is now 302-26 when leading at the half.
* Utah State improved to 11-1 this year when it shoots better from the field than its opponent.
* Utah State had six blocks, marking the 10th time this year that USU has had at least five blocks in a game.
* Utah State made double-digit three-pointers (11) for the fifth time this year and third time in its last four games as it tied its season-high with 11 made treys. USU has also now shot over 50 percent from behind the arc (.524) in five games this year.
* Utah State improved to 5-0 this season and is now 190-16 under Morrill when allowing less than 60 points in a game.
* The 50 points allowed by Utah State are tied for its fewest in a game this year (Troy), while its 57 points are its second-fewest of the season. USU has now scored less than 60 points (54 at Nevada) in back-to-back games.
* Utah State's 19 made field goals are tied for its fewest in a game this year (vs. Western Illinois), while Colorado State's 47 field goal attempts are tied for the fewest by an Aggie opponent this year (at Air Force).
* Utah State held Colorado State to just 36.2 percent shooting from the field, marking the seventh time this year that USU has held its opponent to less than 40 percent shooting. USU also held CSU to 26.3 percent shooting from three, marking the eighth time this year it has held its opponent below 30.0 percent shooting from behind the arc.
* Utah State was out-rebounded (37-31) for just the fourth time this year and is 3-1 in now those games.
* Utah State had a season-high seven steals, while its 14 turnovers are its most in its last seven games.
* Colorado State's 14 turnovers are tied for the most by an Aggie opponent this year (vs. Mississippi State, at Air Force).
* Utah State's bench scored a season-low nine points for the second straight game.
* Senior center Jarred Shaw recorded his third double-double of the season and 12th of his career with his 17 points and 10 rebounds. Overall, Shaw has now scored in double-figures nine times this year and 35 times in his career, and has recorded double-digit rebounds three times this year and 12 times in his career. Shaw also tied his season-high with three blocked shots.
* Senior guard Preston Medlin scored in double-figures for the 11th time this year and 57th time in his career with his 12 points. Overall, Medlin now has 1,187 points in his career to rank 24th all-time at USU in scoring. Medlin also tied his career-high with eight assists for the second time in his last three games.
* Senior guard/forward Spencer Butterfield scored in double-figures for the 13th time this year and 29th time in his career with his 17 points.
* Junior center Jordan Stone tied his career-high with two steals.
Utah State Begins Two Game ...01/31/2016
Aggies Fall To Nevada, 89-84
LOGAN, Utah – Tyron Criswell scored 19 points and hit the go-ahead free throw with 2:25...01/30/2016
Utah State Face Nevada...01/28/2016
Utah State loses 70-55 in...
SAN DIEGO, Calif. - Utah State men’s basketball had a lead early in the second half, but...01/23/2016
Utah State Set for Regular ...01/21/2016
Utah State Falls To UNLV In...
LOGAN, Utah – Utah State’s men’s basketball team had its two-game winning...01/19/2016
Chris Smith Named Mountain ...
LOGAN, Utah – Utah State senior guard Chris Smith has been named the Mountain West Player...01/18/2016
USU Hosting UNLV in Lone...01/18/2016
Official Aggie Gear