Jan. 17, 2013
LAS CRUCES, N.M. -
* Utah State's 13-game win streak was halted with the loss.
* The 13-game win streak was the second-longest in the country entering Thursday, behind Kansas's 14-game win streak.
* It was USU's eighth win streak of at least 10 games under head coach Stew Morrill and the fifth in the last six years, and the 13-game streak ranks as the sixth-longest under Morrill as well as tied for the sixth-longest in school history, matching the 1974-75 squad.
* USU's 51 total points was a season-low point total and the fewest since scoring 51 in a 68-51 loss at Georgetown on Dec. 4, 2010.
* USU's 18 1st half points are season low and fewest since 16 scored at Fresno State last season on Feb. 4, 2012.
* The 23 points scored by NMSU in the first half is tied for second lowest this season behind 22 by Nicholls State, and is the third time this season that USU has allowed 23 1st half pts (Idaho State and Texas State).
* Utah State's 39.3 field goal percentage was its second-lowest of the season behind a 32.3 percent outing against Saint Mary's, which was USU's other loss of the season.
* USU's 1-of-4 free throw total Thursday night was a season-low for both free throws made and attempted, and fewest since a 1-of-4 outing at Nevada last season on Feb. 2, 2013.
* NMSU's 57.8 percent field goal shooting is a USU opponent season high and highest since Hawai'i shot 63.2 percent on Dec. 29, 2010.
* NMSU's 33-26 rebounding advantage over USU was Utah State's largest rebounding differential this season.
* USU is now 3-1 when getting out-rebounded this season.
* Utah State is also 1-2 when trailing at halftime, as opposed to 11-0 when leading at the break. Overall, USU is 47-77 (.379) in the last 13 years when trailing at intermission.
* USU lost on the road for the first time this season (4-1) and had its six-game road win streak halted with the loss Thursday.
* Utah State now holds a 35-30 all-time series lead over New Mexico State, as NMSU now owns a 20-10 edge at Las Cruces and NMSU has won the last three meetings as part of four of the last six match-ups overall. The 65 meetings is the 10th-oldest rivalry in USU history.
* USU is now 3-1 this season and 91-27 (.771) during the month of January under Morrill, including a 37-23 (.617) road record. USU is 2-2 this season on Thursday's and 89-21 (.809) in games play on Thursday under Morrill. Utah State is also 12-2 (.857) in known games on Jan. 17, as Thursday's loss snapped a four-game win streak on the date.
* Junior guard Preston Medlin scored in double-digits for the eighth-straight game, the 13th of the season and 45th of his career... Thursday's 14 points was his lowest in a WAC game this season and his fewest since seven vs. Nicholls State.
* Medlin's 14 points gives him 970 for his career, leaving him 30 points away from becoming the 36th player in USU history to reach the 1,000 career points plateau.
* Junior center Jarred Shaw posted double-digits scoring for the third game in a row and the 12th time this season.
* Shaw attempted and made his first three-pointer of the season with the trey from the top of the arc in the waning seconds of the first half.
* Shaw and junior guard/forward Spencer Butterfield led USU with four rebounds each, marking the 10th game this season that Shaw has topped USU in rebounding and the second for Butterfield.
* Senior forward Kyisean Reed dished out a team-high three assists, his first time leading the team in assists... The three assists is also a season-high for Reed, tying it for the fourth time this season (Idaho State, Western Oregon, Southern Illinois).
* Reed had USU's lone dunk of the night and now has a team-leading 15 jams this season.
* Medlin and Reed each took a charge Thursday night, Medlin now leads the team with seven drawn charges while Reed is second with three charges taken.
Utah State Basketball Camp ...
LOGAN, Utah - Utah State men’s basketball will host three camps this summer and...04/11/2016
Utah State Men's Basketball...
With the end of the NCAA men's basketball season, here is a look back at the 2015-16 season for...04/05/2016
Utah State Men’s...
LOGAN, Utah - Utah State men’s basketball recognized four players with team awards on...03/30/2016
Utah State Alum Hal Hale to...
LOGAN, Utah - Utah State men’s basketball alum Hal Hale will be recognized with a...03/29/2016
Utah State's Jalen Moore...
LOGAN, Utah - Utah State’s Jalen Moore announced on Friday that he will declare as an...03/25/2016
Jalen Moore Named America...
LOGAN, Utah – Utah State junior wing Jalen Moore has been named the America First Credit...03/14/2016
Aggies Come Up Short in...
LAS VEGAS, Nev. – Utah State’s run in the 2016 Mountain West Men’s Basketball...03/10/2016
Shane Rector Scores Season-...
LAS VEGAS, Nev. – Junior guard Shane Rector scored a season-high 24 points to lead a...03/09/2016
Official Aggie Gear