Jan. 19, 2013
* USU's +10 rebounding margin Saturday was its first double-digit rebounding margin since Jan. 5 against Idaho and was the Aggies' ninth double-digit rebounding margin this season, including the first seven games of the year.
* USU's seven three-pointers matched DU's defensive total allowed in its previous four games.
* The Aggies' 85.7 percent (18-of-21) effort at the free throw line was their second-highest of the season behind 88.9 percent (8-of-9) vs. Western Oregon and was USU's fifth game this season making at least 80 percent at the charity stripe.
* Utah State is now 71-24 (.747) during the last 13 years following a loss and has lost back-to-back games for just the 21st time in the past 13 years and the first time since at Nevada and Fresno State in the same weekend on Feb. 2 and 4, 2012, respectively.
* After winning its first four road games of the season, USU has dropped its last two road games, falling to 4-2 on the road this season as Thursday's loss at New Mexico State snapped a six-game road win streak for USU. The Aggies have won 25 of their last 40 road games (.625) dating back to the 2009-10 season and they are 103-83 (.554) in road games under head coach Stew Morrill, including a 72-47 (.605) mark against conference opponents and 35-24 (.593) against WAC teams.
* The 36 points scored by DU in the first half were the second-most allowed by USU this season behind the 40 by UC Davis on Dec. 21, leading USU 40-39.
* USU's 11-point halftime deficit was its largest of season, bettering the previous high of three against Saint Mary's on Oct. 15.
* DU's 22-point advantage at the 12:07 mark was USU's largest deficit this season.
* Denver's 56.5 percent (26-of-46) was the second-highest allowed by USU this season behind the 57.8 percent (26-of-45) allowed Thursday at New Mexico State.
* Utah State is 1-3 this season when scoring less than 60 points and is 26-49 (.347) under Morrill when scoring fewer than 60 points.
* The loss was USU's first on a Saturday, as the Aggies are now 8-1 in games played on Saturday this season and 142-53 (.728) in games played on Saturday under head coach Stew Morrill.
* USU is now 3-2 this season and 91-28 (.765) during the month of January under Morrill, which includes a 37-24 (.607) road mark.
* Junior guard Marvin Jean netted a USU career-high 14 points, scoring in double-figures for the first time after netting his previous high of eight points four different times.
* Jean also hit a season-high three three-pointers, topping his previous high of two also reached four times.
* Jean and junior forward Ben Clifford both made their second starts of the season Saturday afternoon... Clifford's first start of season was in Santa Clara game while Jean started against Southern Illinois.
* Clifford's eight points scored was his second-highest scoring output this season behind the 11 points against Weber State.
* Junior center Jarred Shaw was one rebound shy of his seventh double-double of the season with his 10 points and game-high nine rebounds... It was Shaw's 12th game with double-digit points and was the 11th time this season leading USU in rebounds.
* Shaw was also a perfect 6-of-6 at the free throw line Saturday, his second perfect outing of the season at the free pitch stripe, going 2-of-2 against Weber State.
* Shaw also had USU's lone dunk of the night and is second on the team with seven jams this season.
* Junior guard/forward Spencer Butterfield hit two three-pointers Saturday for his sixth game with multiple three-pointers.
* Freshman guard Marcel Davis led USU in assists for the seventh time this season with his game-high tying four helpers Saturday, his eighth game this season with four or more dimes in the last 10 games... Davis now has 43 assists in his last 10 games, averaging 4.3 helpers per game during that stretch.
Utah State Men’s...
LOGAN, Utah – Utah State men’s basketball recognized their own at its annual end-of-y...03/29/2017
Jalen Moore Named Second-Te...
LOGAN, Utah – Utah State senior wing Jalen Moore has been named second-team all-district 17...03/22/2017
Utah State Loses to Nevada ...
LAS VEGAS, Nev. – Utah State lost an 83-69 decision to Nevada on Thursday afternoon, ending...03/09/2017
Utah State to Face No. 1...03/08/2017
Utah State Remains...
LAS VEGAS, Nev. – Freshman guard Koby McEwen scored 22 of his team-best 27 points in the...03/08/2017
Jalen Moore And Koby McEwen...
LOGAN, Utah – Utah State senior wing Jalen Moore and freshman guard Koby McEwen have been...03/07/2017
Jalen Moore Named All-Distr...
LOGAN, Utah – Utah State senior wing Jalen Moore has been named to the U.S. Basketball...03/07/2017
Utah State Set to Begin MW ...03/06/2017
Official Aggie Gear