LOGAN, Utah -
UTAH STATE MEN’S BASKETBALL
Post-Game Notes vs. Air Force (1/24/18)
* Utah State improved to 9-0 on the season and 34-6 under head coach Tim Duryea when leading at the half as USU held a 29-25 advantage at the half.
* Utah State is now 8-3 at home this season under Duryea.
* Utah State improved to 6-1 this season and 25-6 under Duryea when holding its opponent under 69 points. In fact, the 49 points scored by Air Force are the second-fewest allowed by USU this season (47 by Mississippi Valley State) and the fewest scored by the Falcons in series history.
* Utah State improved to 16-4 all-time against Air Force, including a perfect 10-0 record at home.
* Utah State is now 8-4 on the season and 33-13 under Duryea when it out-rebounds its opponent as USU had a 37-33 advantage on the boards.
* Utah State is now 9-3 on the season and 37-10 under head coach Tim Duryea when scoring 70-plus points in a game.
* Utah State shot 50.0 percent (26-of-52) from the field for the eighth time this season and is 6-2 in those games.
* Utah State limited Air Force to just 13.6 percent shooting from 3-point range (3-22), which is a season-low for an Aggie opponent. The three made treys by the Falcons are the second-fewest made against USU this year (2 by Valparaiso). USU also held AFA to just 32.7 percent (18-of-55) shooting overall, which is the second-worst shooting percentage by an Aggie opponent this season (32.0 percent by Mississippi Valley State).
* Utah State had a pair of 20-point scorers for the fourth time this season.
* Sophomore guard Sam Merrill (3) scored in double-figures for the third-straight game, 18th time this season and 32nd time in his career with his 21 points. Overall, it is the fifth time this year and sixth time in his career he has scored 20 points in a game. Merrill also took his team-leading eighth charge of the season and recorded a block for the fourth-straight game. Merrill finished the game with zero assists, marking the first time this season and just the seventh time in his career that he has not recorded at least one assist in a game.
* Sophomore guard Koby McEwen (1) scored in double-figures for the ninth-straight game, 13th time this season and 37th time in his career with his 20 points. Overall, it is the seventh time this year and 14th time in his career he has scored at least 20 points. McEwen also had seven rebounds marking the ninth time this year and 30th time in his career he has grabbed at least five boards in a game.
* Junior forward Quinn Taylor (10) scored in double-figures for the fifth time this year and 13th time in his career with his 13 points. He also grabbed eight rebounds marking the ninth time this year and 31st time in his career he has grabbed at least five boards in a game.
* Sophomore guard Diogo Brito (24) tied his career-high with six assists, marking the second time this year and in his career he has recorded at least five assists in a game. He also had five rebounds, marking the sixth time this year and in his career he has grabbed at least five boards in a game.
* Junior forward Dwayne Brown Jr. recorded a career-high two blocks and had nine rebounds marking the 12th time this season he has grabbed at least five boards in a game.
Utah State Beats Mountain...
LOGAN, Utah – Fueled by 23 points and five assists from sophomore guard Koby McEwen, Utah...02/10/2018
Utah State Looking for...02/09/2018
Utah State Men's Basketball...
LARAMIE, Wyo. - Utah State men's basketball (13-12, 6-6 MW) lost at Wyoming (16-8, 7-4 MW) 83-65 ...02/07/2018
Utah State Back in Action...02/05/2018
Koby McEwen Named Mountain ...
LOGAN, Utah - Utah State sophomore guard Koby McEwen has been named the Mountain West Player of...02/05/2018
Tim Duryea Coaches Show...
LOGAN, Utah - Utah State head men’s basketball coach Tim Duryea will talk with radio host...02/05/2018
McEwen’s Career-High ...
LOGAN, Utah – Sophomore guard Koby McEwen scored the first eight points of the game for...01/31/2018
Utah State Hosts New Mexico...01/29/2018
Official Aggie Gear