Jan. 29, 2009
LOGAN, Utah -
UTAH STATE POSTGAME NOTES VS. NEVADA
* Utah State's 20-1 record ties the 2003-04 team for the best start to a season in school history.
* Utah State has now won 20 or more games in each of the last 10 seasons, and for the 25th time in school history.
* Utah State has won 15 straight games, which is tied with Saint Mary's for the longest active winning streak in the nation. It is also the third-longest winning school history.
* Utah State has now won 29-straight home games, which is the second-longest active home winning streak in the nation behind Kansas (35). It is also the tied for the second-longest home winning streak in school history.
* Utah State is now 154-12 in the Dee Glen Smith Spectrum under Coach Morrill, which includes an 80-8 conference record and a 25-3 WAC mark.
* Utah State has now won 12 straight WAC games dating back to last year and 12 straight WAC games at home.
* Utah State's 8-0 start to league play this year is its best-ever in the WAC and the third-best start to a conference season in school history.
* Utah State is now 5-1 on the season when trailing at the half.
* Utah State shot under 50 percent for the eighth time this year.
* Utah State has now won 32 straight home games during the month of January.
* Utah State was out-rebounded for the fifth time this year, but is 5-0 in those games.
* Utah State head coach Stew Morrill coaches his 700th career game tonight.
* Jared Quayle has now scored in double-figures in 13 of his last 14 games, and in 14 games overall this year.
* Stavon Williams tied his season-high with 15 points. It was his first double-figure outing in 13 games.