LOGAN, Utah -
UTAH STATE MEN’S BASKETBALL
Post-Game Notes vs. New Mexico (1/31/18)
* Utah State improved to 11-0 on the season and 36-6 under head coach Tim Duryea when leading at the half as USU held a 39-35 advantage at the half.
* Utah State is now 9-3 at home this season under Duryea.
* Utah State improved to 23-9 all-time against New Mexico, including a 13-2 mark at home.
* Utah State is now 9-4 on the season and 34-13 under Duryea when it out-rebounds its opponent as USU had a 32-25 advantage on the boards.
* Utah State is now 10-3 on the season and 38-10 under Duryea when scoring 70-plus points in a game. It is also the eighth time this year that USU has scored 80 points and is now 8-0 in those games.
* Utah State shot 56.4 percent (31-of-55) from the field, marking the ninth time this season it has shot 50 percent and USU is now 7-2 in those games.
* Utah State tied its season-high with 13 made 3-pointers for the second-straight game and fourth time this year. Overall, those 13 made treys are tied for the third-most in a single-game in school history.
* Utah State shot 54.2 percent (13-of-24) from 3-point range marking the third time this year it has shot 50 percent from behind the arc.
* Utah State shot 82.4 percent (14-of-17) from the free throw line marking the seventh time this year it has shot at least 80 percent from the charity stripe.
* New Mexico’s 13 made 3-pointers are the most by an Aggie opponent this season and it marks the sixth time this year that a USU opponent has made double-digit 3-pointers.
* Utah State had four double-figure scores for the eighth time this season and is now 6-2 in those games.
* Utah State shot over 50 percent from both the field and 3-point range and over 80 percent from the free throw, marking the first time this season USU has accomplished that feat.
* Sophomore guard Koby McEwen (1) scored a career-high 31 points and has now scored in double-figures 14 times this season and 38 times in his career. Overall, it is the eighth time this year and 15th time in his career he has scored at least 20 points. McEwen also had a career-high 13 rebounds for his second double-double this season and in his career. Overall, it is the 11th time this year and 32nd time in his career he has grabbed at least five boards in a game. McEwen also had a career-high three steals and six assists in the game marking the fifth time this year and 13th time in his career he has dished out at least five assists in a game.
* Sophomore guard Koby McEwen is the first Aggie to score 30 points in a game since Chris Smith had 35 points against Colorado State in January of 2016.
* Sophomore guard Sam Merrill (3) scored in double-figures for the fourth-straight game, 19th time this season and 33rd time in his career with his 18 points. Merrill also took his team-leading 10th charge of the season and recorded a block for the sixth-straight game.
* Junior forward Quinn Taylor (10) scored in double-figures for the sixth time this year and 14th time in his career with his 15 points. Taylor also grabbed five rebounds marking the 10th time this year and 32nd time in his career he has grabbed at least five boards in a game. Taylor also had his sixth dunk of the season.
* Junior forward Dwayne Brown Jr. scored in double-figures for the 11th time this season with his 15 points to go along with a career-high three steals. He also had five rebounds in the game marking the 14th time this season he has grabbed at least five boards in a game. Brown Jr. also had his eighth dunk of the season.
* Sophomore guard Diogo Brito (24) had his fourth dunk of the season.
Utah State Beats Mountain...
LOGAN, Utah – Fueled by 23 points and five assists from sophomore guard Koby McEwen, Utah...02/10/2018
Utah State Looking for...02/09/2018
Utah State Men's Basketball...
LARAMIE, Wyo. - Utah State men's basketball (13-12, 6-6 MW) lost at Wyoming (16-8, 7-4 MW) 83-65 ...02/07/2018
Utah State Back in Action...02/05/2018
Koby McEwen Named Mountain ...
LOGAN, Utah - Utah State sophomore guard Koby McEwen has been named the Mountain West Player of...02/05/2018
Tim Duryea Coaches Show...
LOGAN, Utah - Utah State head men’s basketball coach Tim Duryea will talk with radio host...02/05/2018
McEwen’s Career-High ...
LOGAN, Utah – Sophomore guard Koby McEwen scored the first eight points of the game for...01/31/2018
Utah State Hosts New Mexico...01/29/2018
Official Aggie Gear