Feb. 5, 2014
Box Score |
LOGAN, Utah -
* Utah State is now 11-3 at home on the season and has won 74 of its last 86 home games. Overall, USU is now 235-25 at home under head coach Stew Morrill, including a 130-15 record in conference games.
* Utah State is now 4-5 on the season and 78-33 during the last 14 years following a loss.
* Utah State is now 79-33 during the month of February under Morrill, including a 49-7 home record.
* Utah State is now 12-1 on the season when leading at the half.
* Utah State is now 10-5 on the season when it out-rebounded its opponent as it had a 40-30 advantage tonight. Overall, it is the 10th time this season, but just first time in its last eight games, that it has out-rebounded its opponent by double-digits.
* Utah State had double-digit offensive rebounds (11) for the 16th time this year, while its 40 total rebounds are its most in its last seven games.
* Utah State's 25 made free throws are tied for the second-most in a game this year and its most in its last 13 games, while its 31 free throw attempts are its third-most this year and most in its last 13 games.
* Utah State's 83 points are its most since scoring 86 points against San José State on Jan. 4, a span of nine games. Overall, those 83 points are its fourth-most scored in a game this year.
* Utah State scored 55 points in the second-half, which are its second-most in a half this season trailing the 56 second-half points it scored against San José State on Jan. 4.
* Utah State improved to 10-3 this season and has won 102 of its last 111 games when scoring at least 70 points, and is now 244-34 under Morrill when scoring at least 70 points in a game.
* Nevada shot just 25.0 percent from three-point range (5-20), marking the 10th time this year Utah State has held its opponent to under 30 percent shooting from behind the arc.
* Senior guard/forward Spencer Butterfield scored in double-figures for the 17th time this year and 36th time in his career with his 20 points. Overall, it was his third 20-point game this year and sixth of his career. Butterfield also had 11 rebounds for his third double-double this season and 10th of his career. Butterfield now has three double-figure rebounding games this year and 10 in his career.
* Senior guard Preston Medlin scored in double-figures for the 17th time this year and 62nd time in his career with his 14 points. Overall, Medlin now has 1,256 points in his career to move ahead of Rich Haws (1,255) and into 20th-place all-time at USU in scoring. Medlin was also 3-of-7 from three-point range giving him 196 career made treys moving him ahead of Tyler Newbold (194) and into fifth-place all-time at USU.
* Senior center Jarred Shaw scored in double-figures for the 13th time this year and 39th time in his career with his 17 points. Shaw also tied his season-high with 13 rebounds giving him four double-doubles this year and 13 in his career. Overall, Shaw now has four double-figure rebound games this year and 13 in his career. Shaw also had three blocked shots in the game giving him 54 career blocked shots to rank 13th all-time in school history as he moved ahead of Eric Franson (52) and Donnie Johnson (53) tonight.
* Sophomore forward Kyle Davis scored in double-figures for the 10th time this year with his 12 points as he made a career-high 10 free throws and attempted a career-high 12 free throws.