Feb. 11, 2012
LOGAN, Utah -
POST-GAME NOTES Utah State vs. New Mexico State - 2/11/12
* Utah State falls to 11-3 at home this year and has won 94 of its last 99 home games. All-time, USU is now 204-16 at home under head coach Stew Morrill including a 104-10 conference mark and a 49-5 WAC record.
* Utah State's three home losses are the most since the 1995-96 season when that team went 12-3 at home.
* Utah State is now 1-10 on the season when trailing at the half. Over the last 13 years, USU is now 43-73 when trailing at the half.
* Utah State is now 4-11 on the season when scoring less than 70 points and 1-6 when allowing more than 70 points.
* Utah State had scored 70-plus points in each of its last nine home games prior to scoring 69 points against NMSU.
* Utah State was out-rebounded for the first time in five games and for the 11th time this year as USU is now 3-8 on the year when it gets out-rebounded. USU's 21 rebounds are a season-low.
* Utah State shot 50.0 percent from the field for the second-straight game and for the eighth time this year. USU also shot 50.0 percent from three-point range for the first time in 10 games and for the sixth time this year.
* Utah State's 20 assists are its third-most this year and the most in its last 13 games.
* New Mexico State shot 55.6 percent from the field (30-54), which is a season-high for an Aggie opponent. Overall, it is the third time this year that a USU opponent has shot 50 percent from the field.
* New Mexico State shot 63.6 percent from three-point range (7-11), which is a season-high for an Aggie opponent. Overall, it is the third time this year that a USU opponent has shot 50 percent from behind the arc.
* The 30 made field goals by New Mexico State ties a season-high for a USU opponent. NMSU also made 30 field goals against USU earlier this year in Las Cruces.
* Sophomore guard Preston Medlin scored in double-figures for the 21st time this year and 22nd time in his career with his 16 points. Overall, Medlin has now scored in double-figures in each of his last nine games.
* Junior forward Kyisean Reed scored in double-figures for the 14th time this year with his 11 points. He also had two dunks in the game to give him a team-leading 28 dunks on the season. Reed also tied his season-high with two steals.
* Senior forward Morgan Grim scored in double-figures for the 12th time this year with his 10 points. He also had a career-high four assists.
* Sophomore guard/forward Danny Berber scored a career-high 14 points and recorded his second dunk of the season.
* Senior point guard Brockeith Pane recorded his third charge of the season.
Koby McEwen Named Second-Te...
LOGAN, Utah – Utah State sophomore guard Koby McEwen has been named second-team all-distric...03/13/2018
Tim Duryea Relieved of His ...
Utah State University Vice President and Director of Athletics John Hartwell announced today (Mar...03/11/2018
Utah State Loses 83-68 to...
LAS VEGAS, Nev. - Utah State men's basketball lost, 83-68, to New Mexico on Friday night in its...03/10/2018
Utah State Men's Basketball...
LAS VEGAS, Nev. - For the first time since joining the Mountain West Conference, Utah State men's...03/08/2018
Utah State Men's Basketball...
LAS VEGAS, Nev. - Utah State men's basketball remained undefeated in the first round of the...03/07/2018
Sam Merrill Discovers...
LOGAN, Utah – It started as an assignment in a leadership class, but it ended with a...03/07/2018
Sam Merrill and Koby McEwen...
LOGAN, Utah – Utah State sophomore guards Sam Merrill and Koby McEwen have been named third...03/06/2018
Utah State at Mountain West...03/05/2018
Official Aggie Gear