Feb. 15, 2014
Box Score |
LOGAN, Utah -
* Utah State is now 12-4 at home on the season and has won 75 of its last 88 home games. Overall, USU is now 236-26 at home under head coach Stew Morrill, including a 131-16 record in conference games.
* Utah State is now 81-34 during the month of February under Morrill, including a 50-8 home record.
* Utah State is now 14-2 on the season when leading at the half.
* Utah State is now 12-6 on the season when it out-rebounds its opponent as it had a 41-31 advantage tonight. That plus 10 advantage on the boards today marks the 12th time this year that USU has out-rebounded its opponent by double-digits. Overall, USU has now grabbed at least 40 rebounds in a game nine times this year.
* Utah State's 21 offensive rebounds are tied for its second-most in a game this year and marks the 17th time this season that USU has grabbed double-digit offensive rebounds in a game.
* Utah State's 14 team fouls are tied for its second-fewest in a game this season.
* Utah State's seven turnovers are tied for the fewest in a game this year as it also had seven turnovers against USC and Weber State. Overall, it is the 10th time this year that USU has committed single digit turnovers in a game.
* Utah State shot just 33.8 percent from the field (23-68) for its third-worst shooting performance this season. Overall, it is just the fourth time this season that USU has not shot at least 40 percent from the field.
* Utah State's bench was out-scored 13-9, marking just the ninth time this year that its bench has been out-scored. Overall, it is just the fifth time this year that USU's bench has not scored in double-figures.
* Utah State is now 2-6 on the season when scoring less than 70 points and 4-8 when it allows 70-plus points in a game.
* UNLV shot 56.6 percent from the field (30-53), which is a season-high by a USU opponent. Overall, UNLV is just the fifth team this year to shoot at least 50 percent from the field against USU.
* UNLV's 30 field goals are the second-most by a USU opponent this year (32 by BYU).
* UNLV's 11 blocked shots are a season-high by a USU opponent and the most against the Aggies since Nevada had 11 blocked shots on Jan. 13, 2010.
* UNLV shot just 27.8 percent from three-point range (5-18), marking the 12th time this year that USU has held its opponent to less than 30 percent shooting form behind the arc.
*UNLV's 16 assists are tied for the fourth-most against USU this season.
* The eight made free throws by UNLV are the third-fewest by a USU opponent this season, while its 13 free throw attempts are tied for the third-fewest.
* Senior center Jarred Shaw scored in double-figures for the 15th time this year and 41st time in his career with his 20 points. Overall, it is his fourth 20-point game this season and the eighth of his career.
*Senior center Jarred Shaw also recorded 12 rebounds for his sixth double-double of the season and 15th of his career. Overall, Shaw now has six double-figure rebound games this year and 15 in his career.
* Senior guard/forward Spencer Butterfield scored in double-figures for the 20th time this year and 39th time in his career with his 11 points.
* Senior guard Preston Medlin scored six points to give him 1,299 career points to rank 16th all-time in school history. Medlin also attempted six three-pointers in the game to give him 481 career three-point attempts as he moved ahead of Tyler Newbold (477) and into fifth-place all-time at USU. Medlin also had five assists in the game, marking the 11th time this year he has dished out at least five assists in a game.
* Senior guard TeNale Roland scored in double-figures for the third time this year and 10th time in his career with his 12 points.