LOGAN, Utah -
UTAH STATE MEN'S BASKETBALL
Post-Game Notes vs. Air Force (2/25/17)
* Utah State is now 10-5 at home this season and 20-11 at home under head coach Tim Duryea.
* Utah State's 31-point win (89-58) is the largest in series history as Utah State improves to 15-4 all-time against Air Force, including a 9-0 home record. Its previous largest margin of victory against the Falcons was a 26-point win (84-58) in 1973.
* Utah State's 31-point win (89-58) is its largest since joining the Mountain West prior to the 2013-14 season. Its previous largest margin of victory in the MW was a 28-point win (61-33) versus San José State during the 2014-15 season. The last time USU had a larger margin of victory in a conference game was during the 2010-11 season when it posted a 42-point win (72-30) at Louisiana Tech.
* Utah State made 13 3-pointers in the game and has now made double-digit treys in each of its three games against Air Force and in five of its last seven games against the Falcons overall.
* Utah State improves to 13-5 this season and 27-7 under Duryea when scoring at least 70 points, and 7-2 this season and 15-4 under Duryea when scoring at least 80 points in a game.
* Utah State improved to 5-0 this season and 9-0 under Duryea when allowing less than 60 points.
* Utah State improves to 11-6 this season and 24-9 under Duryea when out-rebounding its opponent as the Aggies had a 33-27 advantage on the boards.
* Utah State shot 59.6 percent (34-57) overall, marking the ninth time this year it has shot at least 50 percent from the field. In fact, USU has shot 50 percent or better from the field in each of its last two games, which is tied for its season-best.
* Utah State shot 52.0 percent (13-25) from 3-point range, marking the third time this season it has shot at least 50 percent from behind the arc. USU also made double-digit treys for the seventh time this season as it tied its season-high in 3-pointers made for the third time this year.
* Utah State had a season-high 27 assists and has now had 20-plus assists four times this season. USU also tied its season-high in field goals made with 34.
* Utah State held Air Force to 28.6 percent shooting from 3-point range (6-21), marking the 11th time this season it has held its opponent to less than 30 percent shooting from behind the arc.
* Senior wing Jalen Moore tied his career-high with 24 points and has now scored in double-figures 27 times this year and 88 times in his career, which ranks sixth all-time in school history. It was also his ninth 20-point game of the season and the 19th of his career. Moore also had five rebounds in the game, marking the 18th time this year and 72nd time in his career he has grabbed at least five boards in a game.
* With his 24 points, Moore now has 1,585 career points and moved ahead of Tony Brown (1,564) and into ninth-place all-time at USU in career scoring.
* For his career, Moore played in his 122nd career game tonight, which ranks seventh all-time in school history. Moore also moved into seventh-place all-time in school history in career minutes played with 3,701, moving ahead of Kendall Youngblood (3,674).
* Sophomore forward Quinn Taylor scored in double-figures for the fourth time this year and seventh time in his career with his 13 points. He also grabbed five rebounds, marking the 11th time this year and 21st time in his career he has grabbed at least five boards in a game.
* Freshman guard Sam Merrill scored 12 points for his 12th double-figure scoring game of the season. He also dished out a season-high nine assists, marking the seventh time this year he has recorded at least five assists in a game.
* Freshman guard Koby McEwen had eight rebounds, marking the 18th time this year he has grabbed at least five boards in a game. He also had six assists, marking the seventh time this year he has dished out at least five assists in a game.
* Sophomore forward Norbert Janicek grabbed seven rebounds, marking the seventh time this year he has grabbed at least five boards in a game.
* Senior guard Shane Rector had five assists, marking the fourth time this year and 11th time in his career he has dished out at least five assists in a game.
* Senior wing Connor Garner started his first career game and scored a career-high nine points in a career-high 14 minutes of action.
* Redshirt sophomore wing Alexis Dargenton had two blocks, marking the 11th time this season he has had multiple blocks in a game.
Utah State Set to Begin MW ...03/06/2017
Jalen Moore Has...
LOGAN, Utah – When Jalen Moore first came to Utah State, he didn’t know how good he...03/06/2017
Senior Guard Connor Garner ...
LOGAN, Utah – It was a moment that most kids dream of. The home crowd was chanting his name...03/06/2017
Koby McEwen Unanimous...
LOGAN, Utah – Utah State freshman guard Koby McEwen was a unanimous selection for the...03/05/2017
USU Men’s Basketball ...
LOGAN, Utah - Utah State men’s basketball will enter the Mountain West Men’s...03/05/2017
Utah State Men's Basketball...
LAS VEGAS, Nev. - Utah State men’s basketball (13-16, 7-11 Mountain West) lost 66-59 to...03/02/2017
Utah State Punctuates...02/27/2017
Utah State Earns 89-58...
LOGAN, Utah - Utah State men’s basketball (13-15, 7-10 Mountain West) won 89-58 against Air...02/25/2017
Official Aggie Gear