Feb. 26, 2009
LOGAN, Utah -
UTAH STATE POSTGAME NOTES VS. HAWAI'I
* Utah State is tied with Connecticut (26-2) for the most wins in the nation.
* Utah State won its 33rd straight home game tonight to extend its school record. USU also has the second-longest home winning streak in the nation behind Kansas (39).
* Utah State's 26 wins this year are the third-most in school history trailing only the 2000 and 2001 teams that each won 28 games.
* Utah State's 13 league wins are tied for the fourth-most in school history. * Utah State is now 158-12 in the Dee Glen Smith Spectrum under Coach Morrill, which includes an 83-8 record against conference opponents and a 28-3 record against WAC teams.
* Utah State has now won 15 straight WAC games at home and 24 of its last 25 overall. USU has also won 17 of its last 18 WAC games overall.
* Utah State is 16-0 at home this year, which is the second-most home wins in school history trailing last year's team that went 17-0 at home.
* Utah State is now 3-0 this year and 51-16 over the last 10 years following a loss.
* Utah State is now 20-0 on the season and 202-21 over the last 10 years when leading at the half.
* Utah State shot over 50 percent from the field for the 17th time this year.
* Utah State recorded 20-plus assists for the seventh time this year and its 25 assists are tied for the second-most this season (26 vs. Cal Poly).
* Utah State's 36 made field goals are its second-most this year (37 vs. Cal Poly) and its 65 field goal attempts are a season-high.
* Tyler Newbold scored in double-figures for the 13th time this year and 19th time in his career. He also tied his career-high with nine rebounds.
* Tai Wesley scored in double-figures for the 21st time this year and 39th time in his career.
* Jared Quayle scored in double-figures for the 20th time this year. He also tied his season-high with eight assists.
* Brady Jardine had a season-high three blocks.
* Clint Lee scored a season-high two points.