Feb. 26, 2009
LOGAN, Utah -
UTAH STATE POSTGAME NOTES VS. HAWAI'I
* Utah State has now won back-to-back WAC regular season titles and its first outright WAC Championship. It is USU's first outright league title since the 1999-2000 team went 16-0 in the Big West Conference. Overall, it is just the second time in school history USU has won back-to-back regular season league championships joining the 1997 and 1998 teams.
* Utah State is tied with Connecticut (26-2) for the most wins in the nation.
* Utah State won its 33rd straight home game tonight to extend its school record. USU also has the second-longest home winning streak in the nation behind Kansas (39).
* Utah State's 26 wins this year are the third-most in school history trailing only the 2000 and 2001 teams that each won 28 games.
* Utah State's 13 league wins are tied for the fourth-most in school history. * Utah State is now 158-12 in the Dee Glen Smith Spectrum under Coach Morrill, which includes an 83-8 record against conference opponents and a 28-3 record against WAC teams.
* Utah State has now won 15 straight WAC games at home and 24 of its last 25 overall. USU has also won 17 of its last 18 WAC games overall.
* Utah State is 16-0 at home this year, which is the second-most home wins in school history trailing last year's team that went 17-0 at home.
* Utah State is now 3-0 this year and 51-16 over the last 10 years following a loss.
* Utah State is now 20-0 on the season and 202-21 over the last 10 years when leading at the half.
* Utah State shot over 50 percent from the field for the 17th time this year.
* Utah State recorded 20-plus assists for the seventh time this year and its 25 assists are tied for the second-most this season (26 vs. Cal Poly).
* Utah State's 36 made field goals are its second-most this year (37 vs. Cal Poly) and its 65 field goal attempts are a season-high.
* Gary Wilkinson scored in double-figures for the 25th time this year and 53rd time in his career. It was also his eighth 20-point game this year and 12th of his career and USU is now 10-2 when Wilkinson scores 20 or more points in a game. He also tied his career-high with two steals.
* Tyler Newbold scored in double-figures for the 13th time this year and 19th time in his career. He also tied his career-high with nine rebounds.
* Tai Wesley scored in double-figures for the 21st time this year and 39th time in his career.
* Jared Quayle scored in double-figures for the 20th time this year. He also tied his season-high with eight assists.
* Brady Jardine had a season-high three blocks.
* Clint Lee scored a season-high two points.
Utah State Face Nevada...01/28/2016
Utah State loses 70-55 in...
SAN DIEGO, Calif. - Utah State men’s basketball had a lead early in the second half, but...01/23/2016
Utah State Set for Regular ...01/21/2016
Utah State Falls To UNLV In...
LOGAN, Utah – Utah State’s men’s basketball team had its two-game winning...01/19/2016
Chris Smith Named Mountain ...
LOGAN, Utah – Utah State senior guard Chris Smith has been named the Mountain West Player...01/18/2016
USU Hosting UNLV in Lone...01/18/2016
Utah State Scores Season...
FORT COLLINS, Colo. – Utah State men’s basketball scored a season-high 96 points, the...01/16/2016
USU Looking for Repeat...01/14/2016
Official Aggie Gear