March 1, 2012
SAN JOSE, Calif. -
POST-GAME NOTES Utah State vs. San Jose State March 1, 2012
* Utah State won consecutive games for just the third time this year and won just its third road game of the season as it is now 3-10 on the road this year.
* Utah State improved to 13-2 on the season and has now won 62 of its last 64 games when leading at the half. Over the last 13 years, USU is 269-25 when leading at the half.
* Utah State was out-rebounded for just the second time in its last nine games (34-21) as its 21 rebounds ties a season-low. Overall, USU is now 4-8 on the season when it gets out-rebounded.
* Utah State improved to 11-2 on the season and has won 72 of its last 76 games when scoring 70 points. Overall, USU is 214-29 when scoring 70 or more points in a game.
* Utah State committed single-digit turnovers (8) for the fourth-straight game and ninth time this year.
* Utah State has now won 10 straight games against San Jose State, including four straight on the road.
* Utah State shot 50 percent from the field (.551) for the third time in its last six games and for the ninth time this season.
* Utah State held San Jose State to 38.6 percent shooting from the field and 27.8 percent shooting from three-point range, marking the 15th time this year that USU has held an opponent to less than 40 percent shooting from the field and less than 30 percent from three-point range.
* Sophomore guard Preston Medlin has now scored 20-plus points in each of his last two games and in 10 games this year with his 26 points tonight. It was also his 13th-straight double-figure scoring game, his 25th double-figure scoring game of the season and the 26th of his career.
* Senior guard Brockeith Pane scored in double-figures for the 21st time this year and 43rd time in his career with his 14 points. He also had six assists in the game marking the 12th time this year and 19th time in his career he has had at lead five assists in a game.
* Sophomore forward Mitch Bruneel scored in double-figures for the third time this year with his 12 points. Bruneel also played a season-high 25 minutes.
Tim Duryea Relieved of His ...
Utah State University Vice President and Director of Athletics John Hartwell announced today (Mar...03/11/2018
Utah State Loses 83-68 to...
LAS VEGAS, Nev. - Utah State men's basketball lost, 83-68, to New Mexico on Friday night in its...03/10/2018
Utah State Men's Basketball...
LAS VEGAS, Nev. - For the first time since joining the Mountain West Conference, Utah State men's...03/08/2018
Utah State Men's Basketball...
LAS VEGAS, Nev. - Utah State men's basketball remained undefeated in the first round of the...03/07/2018
Sam Merrill Discovers...
LOGAN, Utah – It started as an assignment in a leadership class, but it ended with a...03/07/2018
Sam Merrill and Koby McEwen...
LOGAN, Utah – Utah State sophomore guards Sam Merrill and Koby McEwen have been named third...03/06/2018
Utah State at Mountain West...03/05/2018
USU Men’s Basketball ...
LOGAN, Utah - Utah State men’s basketball will enter the Mountain West Men’s...03/03/2018
Official Aggie Gear