March 1, 2012
SAN JOSE, Calif. -
POST-GAME NOTES Utah State vs. San Jose State March 1, 2012
* Utah State won consecutive games for just the third time this year and won just its third road game of the season as it is now 3-10 on the road this year.
* Utah State improved to 13-2 on the season and has now won 62 of its last 64 games when leading at the half. Over the last 13 years, USU is 269-25 when leading at the half.
* Utah State was out-rebounded for just the second time in its last nine games (34-21) as its 21 rebounds ties a season-low. Overall, USU is now 4-8 on the season when it gets out-rebounded.
* Utah State improved to 11-2 on the season and has won 72 of its last 76 games when scoring 70 points. Overall, USU is 214-29 when scoring 70 or more points in a game.
* Utah State committed single-digit turnovers (8) for the fourth-straight game and ninth time this year.
* Utah State has now won 10 straight games against San Jose State, including four straight on the road.
* Utah State shot 50 percent from the field (.551) for the third time in its last six games and for the ninth time this season.
* Utah State held San Jose State to 38.6 percent shooting from the field and 27.8 percent shooting from three-point range, marking the 15th time this year that USU has held an opponent to less than 40 percent shooting from the field and less than 30 percent from three-point range.
* Sophomore guard Preston Medlin has now scored 20-plus points in each of his last two games and in 10 games this year with his 26 points tonight. It was also his 13th-straight double-figure scoring game, his 25th double-figure scoring game of the season and the 26th of his career.
* Senior guard Brockeith Pane scored in double-figures for the 21st time this year and 43rd time in his career with his 14 points. He also had six assists in the game marking the 12th time this year and 19th time in his career he has had at lead five assists in a game.
* Sophomore forward Mitch Bruneel scored in double-figures for the third time this year with his 12 points. Bruneel also played a season-high 25 minutes.
Former Aggie Spencer...
LOGAN, Utah - Former Utah State men’s basketball player Spencer Butterfield has been named ...06/30/2017
Jalen Moore Signs with...
LOGAN, Utah – Utah State graduate Jalen Moore has been signed by the Milwaukee Bucks and...06/26/2017
Space Still Available for...
LOGAN, Utah – The Tim Duryea Basketball Camps will wrap up with the position camp and walk-...06/16/2017
Mountain West Announces Men...
LOGAN, Utah - Utah State men’s basketball will open its 2017-18 Mountain West slate on...06/13/2017
Walk-Up Registration for...
LOGAN, Utah – The Tim Duryea Basketball Camp will begin on Monday with walk-up registration...06/08/2017
USU Men's Basketball to...
LOGAN, Utah – Utah State men’s basketball will play at Valparaiso on Tuesday, Nov. 28...06/07/2017
LOGAN, Utah – Registration is still available for the Tim Duryea basketball camps with...05/25/2017
USU Men’s Basketball ...
LOGAN, Utah – Utah State head men’s basketball coach Tim Duryea announced on Friday...05/12/2017
Official Aggie Gear