March 5, 2014
Box Score |
LOGAN, Utah -
* Utah State is now 13-5 at home on the season and has won 76 of its last 90 home games. Overall, USU is now 237-27 at home under head coach Stew Morrill, including a 132-17 record in conference games.
* Utah State is now 55-26 during the month of March under Morrill, including a 21-5 home record.
* Utah State is now 2-10 on the season when trailing at the half.
* Utah State is now 14-7 on the season when it out-rebounds its opponent as it had a 47-27 advantage tonight. Overall, its 20-rebound advantage on the boards is tied for its third-most this year and USU has now had a double-digit rebound advantage in 14 games this year. USU's 47 rebounds are also its third-most in a game this year.
* Utah State had double-digit offensive rebounds (12) for the 20th time this year and is 14-6 in those games.
* Utah State's 13 team fouls are tied for its second-fewest in a game this season trailing its 11 against Boise State (2/8/14).
* Utah State's eight turnovers are tied for its fifth-fewest this year. Overall, it is the 12th time this year that USU has committed single digit turnovers in a game.
* Utah State had six blocks in the game, marking the 13th time this season it has had at least five blocks in a game.
* Utah State is 7-0 this year and has won 127 of its last 133 games when allowing less than 60 points. Overall, USU is now 192-16 under Morrill when allowing less than 60 points in a game.
* Utah State shot just 28.6 percent from three-point range (4-14), marking just the sixth time this year that USU has shot less than 30 percent from behind the arc. Overall, USU is now 2-4 on the season when shooting less than 30 percent from three-point range.
* Utah State held Wyoming to just 36.2 percent field goal shooting (21-58), marking the 11th time this year that USU has held an opponent to less than 40 percent field goal shooting.
* Utah State held Wyoming to just 20.8 percent shooting from three-point range (5-24), marking the 14th time this year that USU has held an opponent to less than 30 percent shooting from three.
* Utah State's bench out-scored Wyoming's bench, 18-0, marking the 16th time this season that USU's bench has out-scored its opponent's bench as USU is now 12-4 in those 16 games. Furthermore, the zero points scored by Wyoming's bench are a season-low by an Aggie opponent.
* Wyoming's three turnovers are tied for a season-low by an Aggie opponent. Overall, USU has now had 20 opponents commit less than 10 turnovers in a game this year.
* Wyoming's seven assists are tied for the fewest by an Aggie opponent this year (Troy).
* Sophomore forward Kyle Davis scored in double-figures for the 14th time this year with his 11 points and added 14 rebounds for his seventh double-double of the season, and his eighth double-figure rebounding game this year. Davis also tied his career-high with three blocked shots.
* Senior center Jarred Shaw scored in double-figures for the 19th time this year and 45th time in his career with his 14 points. Shaw also had 10 rebounds for his eighth double-double of the season and 17th of his career. Shaw also had two blocked shots giving him 61 in his career to rank 11th all-time in school history.
* Senior guard/forward Spencer Butterfield scored in double-figures for the 24th time this year and 43rd time in his career with his 12 points.
* Senior guard TeNale Roland scored in double-figures for the fifth time this year and 12th time in his career with his 10 points.
* Senior forward Sean Harris had career-highs in points (4), rebounds (3), assists (2), steals (1) and minutes played (11).
* Senior guard Preston Medlin played in his 105th career game to rank 19th all-time in school history. Medlin was also 1-of-4 from three-point range giving him 210 career made three-pointers moving him ahead of Jay Goodman (1991-93) and into fourth-place all-time at USU.