LAS VEGAS, Nev. -
UTAH STATE MEN’S BASKETBALL
Post-Game Notes vs. Colorado State (3/7/18)
* Utah State improved to 4-0 all-time in first round games in the Mountain West, including a 2-0 record against Colorado State. Overall, USU is now 4-4 all-time in MW Tournament play, including a 3-2 record under head coach Tim Duryea. All-time, Utah State is now 42-31 in conference tournament play.
* Utah State improves to 58-39 all-time against Colorado State, including a 2-0 record in conference tournaments as USU posted a 73-69 win against the Rams in a Mountain West first round game in 2014.
* Utah State improves to 14-4 on the season and 42-11 under Duryea when scoring 70-plus points in a game. USU also improved to 10-2 this season and 29-7 under Duryea when holding its opponents to less than 70 points.
* Utah State improved to 4-14 on the season when trailing at the half as Colorado State led 35-33 at intermission.
* Utah State improved to 10-6 this season and 35-15 under Duryea when out-rebounding its opponent as USU had a 40-31 advantage on the glass.
* Utah State shot 50.0 percent from the field (28-of-56) marking the second-straight game and 12th time this season that USU has shot at least 50 percent overall and is now 9-3 in those games.
* Utah State had four double-figure scores for the 11th time this season and is now 8-3 in those games.
* Utah State has now had a player score at least 24 points in each of its last three MW Tournament games and in four of its last five MW Tournament games overall.
* Sophomore guard Koby McEwen (1) scored 25 points marking the 1th time this season and 18th time in his career he has scored 20-plus points in a game. It is also the 20th time this year and 44th time in his career that he has scored in double-figures. McEwen also recorded his fourth dunk of the season and had six rebounds marking the 16th time this season and 37th time in his career he has grabbed at least five boards in a game. In three Mountain West Tournament games, McEwen is now averaging 23.0 points per game.
* Sophomore guard Sam Merrill (3) scored in double-figures for the third-straight game, 27th time this year and 41st time in his career with his 11 points. Merrill also had two steals in the game marking the ninth time this season and 17th time in his career he has recorded multiple steals in a game. Merrill also took his team-leading 12th charge of the season.
* Junior forward Dwayne Brown Jr. scored in double-figures for the 14th time this season with his 15 points. Brown Jr. also had eight rebounds marking the 19th time this season he has grabbed at least five boards in a game. Brown Jr. also recorded his 10th dunk of the season.
* Senior guard Julion Pearre (5) scored a season-high 14 points marking the second time this year and 23rd time in his career he has scored in double-figures. Pearre also had a season-high four rebounds. Furthermore, his four made 3-pointers, all of which were made in the first half, are a season-high and tied for the third-most made in a game in his career.
* Junior forward Quinn Taylor (10) grabbed nine rebounds marking the 16th time this year and 38th time in his career he has grabbed at least five boards in a game. Taylor also had his 10th dunk of the season and recorded a block for the fifth straight game.
* Senior forward Alex Dargenton (11) had six rebounds marking the fifth time this year and 20th time in his career he has grabbed at least five boards in a game.
Sam Merrill and Koby McEwen...
LOGAN, Utah – Utah State sophomore guards Sam Merrill and Koby McEwen have been named third...03/06/2018
Utah State at Mountain West...03/05/2018
USU Men’s Basketball ...
LOGAN, Utah - Utah State men’s basketball will enter the Mountain West Men’s...03/03/2018
Utah State Concludes...
LOGAN, Utah – Utah State celebrated Senior Night in emphatic fashion with a 79-67 win over ...03/03/2018
Utah State Hosts UNLV in...03/02/2018
Utah State Men's Basketball...
SAN JOSE, Calif. - Utah State men's basketball (14-16, 7-10 Mountain West) lost, 64-62, to San...02/28/2018
Utah State at San José...02/26/2018
Final Tim Duryea Coaches...
LOGAN, Utah - Utah State head men’s basketball coach Tim Duryea will talk with radio host...02/26/2018
Official Aggie Gear