March 12, 2014
LAS VEGAS, Nev. -
* Utah State won its first conference tournament game since 2011 when it won the Western Athletic Conference Tournament Championship. Overall, USU is now 39-27 all-time in conference tournaments, including a 26-9 record under head coach Stew Morrill. Overall, Morrill is now 33-20 all-time in conference tournaments.
* Utah State is now 37-21 on neutral courts under Morrill.
* Utah State is now 56-26 in the month of March under Morrill, including a 3-0 record this year.
* Utah State is now 2-2 on the season in afternoon games.
* Utah State improved to 15-7 on the season when it out-rebounds its opponent as it had a 37-36 rebounding advantage today.
* Utah State tied its season-high with 11 made three-pointers, while its 21 three-point attempts are tied for its sixth-most in a game this season. Overall, USU has now made at least 10 treys in six games this year and is 5-1 in those contests.
* Utah State improved to just 2-9 on the season when it shoots worse from the field than its opponent as USU shot 40.0 percent (24-60) and Colorado State shot 42.9 percent (27-63). The only other time this year USU won a game despite shooting worse from the field was its victory at UC Santa Barbara (11/16/13).
* Utah State improved to 15-6 on the season when it shoots better from three-point range than its opponent as USU shot 52.4 percent from three (11-21) and Colorado State shot 17.6 percent (3-17). Overall, it is the ninth time this year that USU has shot at least 50 percent from three.
* Utah State held Colorado State to just 3-of-17 (.176) shooting from three-point range which is the fifth-worst shooting performance from behind the arc by a Utah State opponent this year. Overall, USU is now 11-4 on the season when limiting its opponents to less than 30 percent shooting from behind the arc, including in each of its last three games.
* The three made three-pointers by Colorado State are tied for the second-fewest by a Utah State opponent this year behind the two made treys by BYU and Troy.
* Utah State committed nine turnovers in the game, marking the 14th time this year that USU has recorded single-digit turnovers.
* Utah State had 13 offensive rebounds, marking the 19th time this year that Utah State has recorded double-digit offensive rebounds in a game.
* Utah State's bench out-scored Colorado State's bench, 13-5, marking the 19th time this year that USU's bench has out-scored its opponents bench.
* Utah State did not block a shot in a game for the fifth time this year.
* Senior guard Preston Medlin scored in double-figures for the 22nd time this season and for the 67th time in his career with his 17 points. Overall, Medlin now has 1,365 points to rank 16th all-time in school history. Medlin also had five assists in the game, marking the 13th time this year and 25th time in his career he has had at least five assists in a game.
* Senior guard TeNale Roland scored in double-figures for the sixth time this year and 13th time in his career with his 14 points.
* Senior guard/forward Spencer Butterfield scored in double-figures for the 25th time this season and for the 44th time in his career with his 14 points. Butterfield also had five assists in the game marking the fourth time this year and 11th time in his career he has recorded at least five assists in a game.
Utah State Beginning Two-Ga...02/16/2017
Utah State Loses Close One ...
LOGAN, Utah – Senior wing Jalen Moore had 20 points, four rebounds and four assists as Utah...02/15/2017
Utah State Looking for Four...02/13/2017
Five Players Score in...
LOGAN, Utah – After scoring just 14 points in his last two games combined, senior wing...02/11/2017
Utah State Hosting Wyoming ...02/09/2017
Utah State Loses 69-52 at...
FORT COLLINS, Colo. – The Utah State University men’s basketball team (10-13, 4-8...02/07/2017
Utah State Looking to Break...02/05/2017
Utah State Loses at Boise...
BOISE, Idaho - Utah State men's basketball (10-12/4-7 MW) dropped a close contest on the road...02/04/2017
Official Aggie Gear