March 13, 2014
Box Score |
Photo Gallery 1 |
Photo Gallery 2
LAS VEGAS, Nev. -
* Utah State is now 39-28 all-time in conference tournaments, including a 16-17 record in quarterfinal games. Overall, Morrill is now 33-21 all-time in conference tournaments, including a 26-10 record at USU.
* Utah State is now 16-97 all-time against ranked teams, including a 5-19 record under Morrill.
* Utah State is now 37-22 on neutral courts under Morrill.
* Utah State is now 56-27 in the month of March under Morrill, including a 3-1 record this year.
* Utah State is now 2-3 on the season in afternoon games.
* Utah State was out-rebounded 35-27 marking the 10th time this year it was out-rebounded and is 3-7 in those games.
* Utah State scored a season-low 39 points, which are its fewest points in a game since scoring 33 points at UC Santa Barbara on Jan. 10, 1994.
* Utah State shot a season-low 29.3 percent from the field as it made a season-low 12 field goals on 41 attempts.
* Utah State shot a season-low 10.0 percent from three-point range as it made a season-low one trey on 10 attempts.
* Utah State's six assists are its second-fewest in a game this year (4 vs. UNLV) and it is just the fourth time this year that USU had less than 10 assists in a game.
* San Diego State shot 52.5 percent (31-59) marking the sixth time this year that USU opponent has shot at least 50 percent from the field.
* Senior guard Preston Medlin scored in double-figures for the 22nd time this season and for the 67th time in his career with his 17 points. Overall, Medlin scored three points and now has 1,368 points to rank 16th all-time in school history.
* Senior center Jarred Shaw scored 14 points for his 20th double-figure scoring game of the season and the 46th of his career.