March 20, 2009
BOISE, Idaho -
UTAH STATE POSTGAME NOTES VS. MARQUETTE
· Utah State had won 13 straight games this year and 57 straight overall when holding its opponents to less than 60 points prior to its 58-57 loss to Marquette. USU had also won four straight games decided by a single point and was 10-2 in its last 12 games decided by two or fewer points before its loss in the NCAA Tournament. USU was also 5-0 this year in games decided by four or fewer points.
· Utah State has now lost five straight games in the NCAA Tournament and nine straight postseason games overall. Overall, USU is now 6-20 all-time in the NCAA Tournament, which includes a 4-14 record in the first round.
· Utah State is now 11-55 all-time against ranked opponents, which includes a 5-12 record under Coach Morrill.
· Utah State is now 0-2 all-time in the NCAA Tournament as an 11th-seed.
· Utah State is now 6-10 all-time against the Big East Conference, including a 0-2 record in the NCAA Tournament.
· Utah State's 26 rebounds are tied for its lowest this season (26 at Saint Mary's), and its 11 assists are tied for its fifth-fewest of the season.
· Utah State was 25-0 on the season when it shoots better from the field than its opponent prior to today's game.
· Utah State's 21 fouls called against it today are tied for its second-most this year (22 at Boise State).
· Gary Wilkinson finishes his USU career with 1,065 points to rank 28th all-time in school history. He also scored 598 points this year to rank 15th all-time at USU for a single-season.
· Gary Wilkinson scored in double-figures for the 31st time this year and 59th time in his career. He also recorded his fourth charge taken of the year.
· Jared Quayle scored in double-figures for the 25th time this year and for the 24th time in his last 28 games to end the year.
· Tai Wesley scored in double-figures for the 26th time this year and 44th time in his career. He also recorded his fifth dunk of the season.
· Tyler Newbold is now tied with Curtis Bobb(2000-01) for eighth-place all-time at USU with 94 made three-pointers.
· Jared Quayle led the team in scoring for the eighth time this year, in rebounding for the eighth time this year, and in assists for the 14th time this year.
Utah State Men's Basketball...
LOGAN, Utah - Utah State men's basketball punctuated its 2014-15 season with a team-only dinner...03/25/2015
Last-Second Shot Doesn't...
A last-second shot by Jalen Moore didn't fall on Thursday afternoon as Utah State suffered a 67-6...03/12/2015
Utah State Opens Mountain...
Utah State will begin its run in the Mountain West tournament as the No. 5 seed and face No. 4...03/10/2015
Utah State Trio Earn All-Mo...
LOGAN, Utah - Utah State men's basketball was recognized with three awards as the Mountain West...03/10/2015
Utah State Leads MW in...
LOGAN, Utah - Utah State men's basketball leads the Mountain West in defensive 3-point field goal...03/08/2015
David Collette Named...
LOGAN, Utah - Members of the media that cover the 11 Mountain West men's basketball teams...03/08/2015
Utah State Men's Basketball...
LOGAN, Utah - Utah State men's basketball overcame preseason predictions, where the team was...03/08/2015
Utah State Suffers 75-70...
LOGAN, Utah - Utah State men's basketball led for most of the second half, but faltered over the ...03/07/2015
Official Aggie Gear