NCAA Tournament Post-Game Notes
March 20, 2009
BOISE, Idaho -
UTAH STATE POSTGAME NOTES VS. MARQUETTE
· Utah State had won 13 straight games this year and 57 straight overall when holding its opponents to less than 60 points prior to its 58-57 loss to Marquette. USU had also won four straight games decided by a single point and was 10-2 in its last 12 games decided by two or fewer points before its loss in the NCAA Tournament. USU was also 5-0 this year in games decided by four or fewer points.
· Utah State has now lost five straight games in the NCAA Tournament and nine straight postseason games overall. Overall, USU is now 6-20 all-time in the NCAA Tournament, which includes a 4-14 record in the first round.
· Utah State is now 11-55 all-time against ranked opponents, which includes a 5-12 record under Coach Morrill.
· Utah State is now 0-2 all-time in the NCAA Tournament as an 11th-seed.
· Utah State is now 6-10 all-time against the Big East Conference, including a 0-2 record in the NCAA Tournament.
· Utah State's 26 rebounds are tied for its lowest this season (26 at Saint Mary's), and its 11 assists are tied for its fifth-fewest of the season.
· Utah State was 25-0 on the season when it shoots better from the field than its opponent prior to today's game.
· Utah State's 21 fouls called against it today are tied for its second-most this year (22 at Boise State).
· Gary Wilkinson finishes his USU career with 1,065 points to rank 28th all-time in school history. He also scored 598 points this year to rank 15th all-time at USU for a single-season.
· Gary Wilkinson scored in double-figures for the 31st time this year and 59th time in his career. He also recorded his fourth charge taken of the year.
· Jared Quayle scored in double-figures for the 25th time this year and for the 24th time in his last 28 games to end the year.
· Tai Wesley scored in double-figures for the 26th time this year and 44th time in his career. He also recorded his fifth dunk of the season.
· Tyler Newbold is now tied with Curtis Bobb(2000-01) for eighth-place all-time at USU with 94 made three-pointers.
· Jared Quayle led the team in scoring for the eighth time this year, in rebounding for the eighth time this year, and in assists for the 14th time this year.