March 20, 2009
BOISE, Idaho -
UTAH STATE POSTGAME NOTES VS. MARQUETTE
· Utah State had won 13 straight games this year and 57 straight overall when holding its opponents to less than 60 points prior to its 58-57 loss to Marquette. USU had also won four straight games decided by a single point and was 10-2 in its last 12 games decided by two or fewer points before its loss in the NCAA Tournament. USU was also 5-0 this year in games decided by four or fewer points.
· Utah State has now lost five straight games in the NCAA Tournament and nine straight postseason games overall. Overall, USU is now 6-20 all-time in the NCAA Tournament, which includes a 4-14 record in the first round.
· Utah State is now 11-55 all-time against ranked opponents, which includes a 5-12 record under Coach Morrill.
· Utah State is now 0-2 all-time in the NCAA Tournament as an 11th-seed.
· Utah State is now 6-10 all-time against the Big East Conference, including a 0-2 record in the NCAA Tournament.
· Utah State's 26 rebounds are tied for its lowest this season (26 at Saint Mary's), and its 11 assists are tied for its fifth-fewest of the season.
· Utah State was 25-0 on the season when it shoots better from the field than its opponent prior to today's game.
· Utah State's 21 fouls called against it today are tied for its second-most this year (22 at Boise State).
· Gary Wilkinson finishes his USU career with 1,065 points to rank 28th all-time in school history. He also scored 598 points this year to rank 15th all-time at USU for a single-season.
· Gary Wilkinson scored in double-figures for the 31st time this year and 59th time in his career. He also recorded his fourth charge taken of the year.
· Jared Quayle scored in double-figures for the 25th time this year and for the 24th time in his last 28 games to end the year.
· Tai Wesley scored in double-figures for the 26th time this year and 44th time in his career. He also recorded his fifth dunk of the season.
· Tyler Newbold is now tied with Curtis Bobb(2000-01) for eighth-place all-time at USU with 94 made three-pointers.
· Jared Quayle led the team in scoring for the eighth time this year, in rebounding for the eighth time this year, and in assists for the 14th time this year.
Jalen Moore Named Second-Te...
LOGAN, Utah – Utah State senior wing Jalen Moore has been named second-team all-district 17...03/22/2017
Utah State Loses to Nevada ...
LAS VEGAS, Nev. – Utah State lost an 83-69 decision to Nevada on Thursday afternoon, ending...03/09/2017
Utah State to Face No. 1...03/08/2017
Utah State Remains...
LAS VEGAS, Nev. – Freshman guard Koby McEwen scored 22 of his team-best 27 points in the...03/08/2017
Jalen Moore And Koby McEwen...
LOGAN, Utah – Utah State senior wing Jalen Moore and freshman guard Koby McEwen have been...03/07/2017
Jalen Moore Named All-Distr...
LOGAN, Utah – Utah State senior wing Jalen Moore has been named to the U.S. Basketball...03/07/2017
Utah State Set to Begin MW ...03/06/2017
Jalen Moore Has...
LOGAN, Utah – When Jalen Moore first came to Utah State, he didn’t know how good he...03/06/2017
Official Aggie Gear