March 21, 2012
Final Stats |
LOGAN, Utah -
Utah State vs. Loyola Marymount - 3/21/12
* Utah State has now won three-straight postseason games for the first time in school history. The previous school record was two-straight postseason wins during the 1970 season when USU advanced to the regional finals of the NCAA Tournament. Utah State is now 11-31 all-time in postseason play.
* Utah State has now won 20-plus games in each of the last 13 years, extending its current school record. The previous school record was three-straight 20-win season from 1962-64. Overall, it is the 27th-time in school history that USU has won 20-plus games.
* Utah State is now one of just seven teams in the nation to win at least 20 games in each of the last 13 seasons along with Duke, Florida, Gonzaga, Kansas, Syracuse and Texas.
* Utah State's 20 home games this year are the most in school history breaking the previous record of 18 homes games played during the 2009-10 season.
* Utah State improves to 16-4 at home this year marking the fifth-straight year that USU has won at least 16 home games. USU had never won more than 15 home games prior to its current five year streak.
* Utah State improved to 50-23 in March including a 17-4 record at home.
* Utah State has now won 99 of its last 105 home games. All-time, USU is now 209-17 at home under head coach Stew Morrill including a 104-7 record in non-conference games.
* With its 20-15 record, Utah State is five games above .500 for the first time this year.
* Utah State improved to 14-3 this year and has now won 75 of its last 80 games when scoring at least 70 points. All-time, USU is 217-30 under Morrill when scoring at least 70 points.
* Utah State is now 16-2 this year and has won 65 of its last 67 games when leading at the half. All-time, USU is 272-25 under Morrill when leading at the half.
* Utah State out-rebounded Loyola Marymount by eight (43-35) marking the 11th time in its last 14 games that USU has out-rebounded its opponent. Overall, USU is 13-6 on the season when it out-rebounds its opponent.
* Utah State set season-highs tonight with both free throws made (32) and attempted (35).
* Utah State's 43 rebounds ties its season-high (43 at Nevada), while its 22 turnovers are a season-high (18 vs. BYU).
*Loyola Marymount's 14 steals are a season-high for a USU opponent.
* Utah State shot under 40 percent (.392) for just the third time this year and had lost both of those games prior to tonight.
* Sophomore guard Preston Medlin scored in double-figures for the 29th time this year and 30th time in his career with his 26 points. It was also his 12th 20-point game of the season. Medlin also took his fourth charge of the season.
* With his 26 points, Medlin now has scored 588 points this year to rank as the 17th-most points scored by an Aggie in a single-season.
* Senior guard Brockeith Pane scored in double-figures for the 25th time this year and 47th time in his career with his 17 points.
* Senior forward Morgan Grim scored in double-figures for the 14th time in his career with his 16 points.
* With his four assists, Pane now has 144 assists this year to rank tied for 14th in a single-season in school history along with Jared Quayle (2009-10). For his career, Pane now has 260 assists to rank tied for 21st all-time in school history along with Rich McElrath (1979-80).
* Junior forward Kyisean Reed had his team-leading 35th dunk of the season.
* Freshman forward Ben Clifford had a career-high nine rebounds.