March 25, 2012
LOGAN, Utah -
POST-GAME NOTES Utah State vs. Oakland - 3/25/12
* Utah State's 105 points are the most since scoring 111 points against Southern Oregon on Nov. 22, 1997. Overall, it is the 97th time in school history that USU has scored 100 points and the first since USU defeated Montana Western, 100-66, on Feb. 16, 2011.
* Utah State shot 75.0 percent from three-point range (12-16) which is a season-high and tied for the seventh-best single-game shooting performance for three-point range in school history.
* Utah State shot over 60.0 percent from the field (.638) for the second time this year as it shot a season-high 65.1 percent (28-43) against Fresno State at home. Overall, it is the 11th time this year that USU has shot 50 percent from the field.
* Utah State made a season-high 37 field goals, while its 12 made three-pointers are its second-most in a game this year (13 at Idaho State).
* Utah State's 26 assists are a season-high and it is the fourth-time this year USU has recorded at least 20 assists in a game.
* Utah State's 60 first-half points are the most in school history according to available records. The last time USU scored 60 points in a half was on Dec. 30, 2008 when it scored 60 second-half points against Houston Baptist.
* Utah State has now won four-straight postseason games for the first time in school history. The previous school record was two-straight postseason wins during the 1970 season when USU advanced to the regional finals of the NCAA Tournament. Utah State is now 12-31 all-time in postseason play.
* Utah State's 21 home games this year is the most in school history breaking the previous record of 18 homes games played during the 2009-10 season.
* Utah State improves to 17-4 at home this year marking the fifth-straight year that USU has won at least 17 home games. USU had never won more than 15 home games prior to its current five-year streak.
* Utah State improved to 51-23 in March including a 19-4 record at home.
* Utah State has now won 101 of its last 107 home games. All-time, USU is now 210-17 at home under head coach Stew Morrill including a 105-7 record in non-conference games.
* With its 21-15 record, Utah State is six games above .500 for the first time this year.
* Utah State improved to 15-3 this year and has now won 76 of its last 81 games when scoring at least 70 points. All-time, USU is 218-30 under Morrill when scoring at least 70 points.
* Utah State is now 17-2 this year and has won 66 of its last 68 games when leading at the half. All-time, USU is 273-25 under Morrill when leading at the half.
* Utah State out-rebounded Oakland by five (39-34) marking the 12th time in its last 15 games that USU has out-rebounded its opponent. Overall, USU is 14-6 on the season when it out-rebounds its opponent.
* Oakland's 81 points are the second-most scored against Utah State this year (83 by Wichita State). Overall, it is the fourth-time this year that a USU opponent has scored 80-plus points.
* Oakland's 35 three-point attempts are the most by an Aggie opponent this year.
* Sophomore guard Preston Medlin scored in double-figures for the 30th time this year and 31st time in his career with his 26 points. It was also his 13th 20-point game of the season. Medlin also tied his career-high with nine rebounds for the third time in his career.
* With his 26 points, Medlin now has scored 614 points this year to rank as the 12th-most points scored by an Aggie in a single-season.
* Senior guard Brockeith Pane scored in double-figures for the 26th time this year and 48th time in his career with his 20 points. Overall, he has now scored 20-plus points six times this year and nine times in his career. He also had 10 assists in the game for his first career double-double.
* With his 10 assists, Pane now has 154 assists this year to rank eighth in a single-season in school history. For his career, Pane now has 270 assists to rank tied for 18th all-time in school history along with Jaycee Carroll (2005-08).
* Senior forward Morgan Grim scored in double-figures for the 15th time in his career with his 18 points. He also had 10 rebounds for his fourth career double-double. Grim also took three charges in the game to give him a team-leading 28 this year.
* Sophomore guard/forward Danny Berger scored in double-figures for the ninth time this year with his career-high tying 17 points.
* Junior forward Kyisean Reed had his team-leading 36th dunk of the season, while freshman center Jordan Stone had his sixth dunk of the year.
USU Men’s Basketball ...
LOGAN, Utah - Utah State head men’s basketball coach Tim Duryea has announced that redshirt...01/16/2018
Tim Duryea Coaches Show...
LOGAN, Utah - Utah State head men’s basketball coach Tim Duryea will talk with radio host...01/15/2018
Utah State Loses 83-57 to...
RENO, Nevada - Utah State men's basketball (10-9, 3-3 Mountain West) lost 83-57 to Nevada (16-3, ...01/13/2018
Utah State at League-Leadin...01/11/2018
Utah State Loses 84-75 to...
LOGAN, Utah - Utah State men’s basketball saw a five-game home winning streak snapped on...01/10/2018
Utah State Hosting Colorado...01/08/2018
Koby McEwen Named Mountain ...
LOGAN, Utah - Utah State sophomore guard Koby McEwen has been named the Mountain West Player of...01/08/2018
Tim Duryea Coaches Show...
LOGAN, Utah - Utah State head men’s basketball coach Tim Duryea will talk with radio host...01/08/2018
Official Aggie Gear