Nov. 1, 2013
LOGAN, Utah -
* Utah State has won its last 13 exhibition games, with its last exhibition loss coming on Oct. 31, 2007 to EA Sports, 86-81.
* USU is now 25-5 (.833) in exhibition games under head coach Stew Morrill.
*Utah State snared 51 rebounds Friday night... The Aggies' season-high last year was 50, vs. Louisiana Tech (1/26/13).
* The Aggies had a +15 rebounding advantage Friday night... Last year, USU was third in the NCAA in rebounding margin at +9.1, leading in rebounds in 27 of its 31 games, including having a double-digit rebounding edge 16 times.
* Utah State limited Adams State to 55 points... Last season Utah State was 7-1 when holding its opponents under 60 points and the Aggies have won 120 of its last 126 games (.952) when keeping the opposition under 60... Overall, USU is 185-16 (.920) under head coach Stew Morrill when allowing fewer than 60 points.
* USU now turns its attention to USC for the Aggies' official season-opener on Friday, Nov. 8 at 7 p.m. at the Dee Glen Smith Spectrum... It will be the first time that USC has visited Logan since the 1961-62 season, when the Trojans topped the Aggies, 74-72... While the last current Pac-12 team to play in the Spectrum was Utah in 2010, the Utes were not in the Pac-12 at the time... The last Pac-12 team to face the Aggies in Logan was Washington on Dec. 17, 1977... Overall, USU is 73-54 at home against current Pac-12 teams, bolstered by a 60-51 home record against Utah, while going 13-3 against the other league members... Utah State is 6-8 all-time against USC, last playing on Nov. 24, 1999 in the Maui Invitational in Hawaii, won by the Aggies 52-50, when Bernard Rock banked in a three-pointer from the left wing with 9.1 seconds left.
* Three of the 10 players to score Friday night posted double-figures, led by senior center Jarred Shaw with game-highs of 16 points and 10 rebounds.
* Last season Shaw led USU with nine double-doubles.
* Junior forward Danny Berger logged 15 points Friday, hitting 4-of-4 from three-point range... Berger's official career-highs are 17 points (done twice, last vs. Oakland 3/25/12) and five three-pointers (also vs. Oakland 3/25/12).
* Freshman forward Jalen Moore tallied 10 points for the second-straight exhibition game.
* Junior center Jordan Stone shared game-high honors with Shaw with 10 rebounds to go with nine points... Stone's official career-highs are eight rebounds (done twice, last vs. UC Santa Barbara 2/18/11) and nine points (done twice, last vs. BYU 2/19/13).
* Senior guard/forward Spencer Butterfield logged nine points and nine rebounds, one point and rebound shy of a double-double... Last season, Butterfield posted seven double-doubles including streak of five in a row, which was tied for 10th on the Aggies' career consecutive double-doubles list.
* Senior guard Preston Medlin and Berger dished out a game-high four assists apiece... Medlin's official career-high is eight assists (done twice, last vs. Louisiana Tech 3/8/12), while Berger's official career-high is six assists (vs. Kent State 12/22/11).
Utah State Beats Mountain...
LOGAN, Utah – Fueled by 23 points and five assists from sophomore guard Koby McEwen, Utah...02/10/2018
Utah State Looking for...02/09/2018
Utah State Men's Basketball...
LARAMIE, Wyo. - Utah State men's basketball (13-12, 6-6 MW) lost at Wyoming (16-8, 7-4 MW) 83-65 ...02/07/2018
Utah State Back in Action...02/05/2018
Koby McEwen Named Mountain ...
LOGAN, Utah - Utah State sophomore guard Koby McEwen has been named the Mountain West Player of...02/05/2018
Tim Duryea Coaches Show...
LOGAN, Utah - Utah State head men’s basketball coach Tim Duryea will talk with radio host...02/05/2018
McEwen’s Career-High ...
LOGAN, Utah – Sophomore guard Koby McEwen scored the first eight points of the game for...01/31/2018
Utah State Hosts New Mexico...01/29/2018
Official Aggie Gear