LOGAN, Utah -
UTAH STATE MEN’S BASKETBALL
Post-Game Notes vs. Montana State (11/13/17)
* Utah State improved to 52-9 in home openers dating back to the 1958-59 season, and has now won 24 straight home openers dating back to the 1993-94 campaign.
* Utah State scored a season-high 81 points and improved to 1-0 this season and 29-7 under head coach Tim Duryea when scoring at least 70 points. USU also improved to 17-4 under Duryea when scoring at least 80 points.
* Utah State improved to 1-0 this season and 3-25 under Duryea when trailing at the half as Montana State held a 41-40 lead at intermission tonight.
* Utah State improved to 1-0 this season and 26-9 under Duryea when outrebounding its opponent as USU had a 41-28 advantage on the glass tonight.
* Utah State shot 56.0 percent from the field (28-50), marking the first time this season and 20th time under Duryea that USU has shot at least 50 percent from the field.
* Utah State shot 55.6 percent from 3-point range (10-18), marking the first time this season and ninth time under Duryea that USU has shot at least 50 percent from behind the arc.
* Utah State’s 10 made 3-pointers marks the first time this season and the 20th time under Duryea that USU has made at least 10 treys in a game.
* Sophomore guard Koby McEwen (1) scored in double-figures for the first time this season and 25th time in his career with his season-high 20 points, which is the eighth 20-point game of his career. It is the ninth time in his career he has led the team in scoring. McEwen also had five rebounds tonight, marking the 22nd time in his career he has grabbed at least five boards in a game.
* Junior guard DeAngelo Isby (0) scored in double-figures for the second-straight game to start his Aggie career as he finished with a season-high 18 points.
* Senior forward Alex Dargenton (11) scored in double-figures for the second-straight game this year and sixth time in his career with his 11 points. Dargenton also had a season-high 11 rebounds for his first career double-double. It is the ninth time in his career that he has led the team in rebounding.
* Junior forward Dwayne Brown Jr. (25) had a season-high 10 rebounds for his first career double-digit rebound game.
* Sophomore guard Sam Merrill (3) took one charge, giving him a team-best four charges this season. For his career, Merrill has now taken 11 charges.
* Junior forward Quin Taylor (10) recorded his first dunk of the season and the 10th of his career.
* Redshirt freshman center Klay Stall (2) recorded his first career dunk and added two blocked shots.
* Utah State improved to 77-40 all-time against Montana State as the 117 meetings between the two teams is the third-most in USU history trailing only the BYU series (233) and Utah series (223).
Tim Duryea Relieved of His ...
Utah State University Vice President and Director of Athletics John Hartwell announced today (Mar...03/11/2018
Utah State Loses 83-68 to...
LAS VEGAS, Nev. - Utah State men's basketball lost, 83-68, to New Mexico on Friday night in its...03/10/2018
Utah State Men's Basketball...
LAS VEGAS, Nev. - For the first time since joining the Mountain West Conference, Utah State men's...03/08/2018
Utah State Men's Basketball...
LAS VEGAS, Nev. - Utah State men's basketball remained undefeated in the first round of the...03/07/2018
Sam Merrill Discovers...
LOGAN, Utah – It started as an assignment in a leadership class, but it ended with a...03/07/2018
Sam Merrill and Koby McEwen...
LOGAN, Utah – Utah State sophomore guards Sam Merrill and Koby McEwen have been named third...03/06/2018
Utah State at Mountain West...03/05/2018
USU Men’s Basketball ...
LOGAN, Utah - Utah State men’s basketball will enter the Mountain West Men’s...03/03/2018
Official Aggie Gear