LOGAN, Utah -
UTAH STATE MEN’S BASKETBALL
Post-Game Notes vs. New Jersey Institute of Technology (11/14/16)
* Utah State is 2-0 to start a season for the second straight year under current head coach Tim Duryea and for the fourth straight year overall. All-time, it is the 52nd time in program history that USU has won its first two games of the season.
* Utah State has now won 23 straight home openers dating back to the 1993-94 season and is now 51-9 in home openers dating back to the 1957-58 season.
* Utah State is now 2-0 this season and 18-4 under Duryea when leading at the half.
* Utah State is now 2-0 this season and 16-4 under Duryea when it shoots better from the field than its opponent, and 1-0 this year and 14-3 under Duryea when it out-rebounds its opponent.
* Utah State is now 2-0 this season and 16-2 under Duryea when scoring at least 70 points. USU’s 93 points are its most since scoring 96 points at Colorado State last season, a span of 17 games. It is also the most points inside the Dee Glen Smith Spectrum since USU defeated Oakland, 105-81, in the semifinals of the CIT Tournament at the end of the 2011-12 season.
* Utah State shot a season-high 57.7 percent from the field (30-52) and a season-high 43.5 percent from 3-point range (10-23), as both its 30 made field goals and 10 made three-pointers are season highs.
* Utah State had a season-high five double-digit scorers tonight and has had at least four double-figure scorers in both games this season.
* Utah State has held both of its opponents this season to less than 34 percent shooting from three-point range as NJIT shot 33.3 percent from behind the arc (11-33).
* Senior wing Jalen Moore scored in double-figures for the 15th straight game dating back to last season and for the 64th time in his career with his 19 points. Moore also had a season-high seven rebounds, marking the 55th time in his career he has grabbed at least five rebounds in a game. Furthermore, Moore also had a season-high five assists, marking the sixth time in his career he has recorded at least five assists in a game.
* Sophomore forward Norbert Janicek scored in double-figures for the second time in his Aggie career with a season-high 11 points. He also tied his season-high with five rebounds.
* Junior forward Ngor Barnaba scored in double-figures for the first time in his Aggie career with 12 points. He also tied his season-high with four rebounds.
* Freshman guard Koby McEwen scored in double-figures for the second time this year with his season-high 18 points. McEwen has also recorded five rebounds in each of his first two collegiate games. He also had season-highs with his three assists and two steals.
* Freshman guard Sam Merrill scored in double-figures for the first time in his career with 15 points.
* Senior guard Shane Rector tied his career high with seven assists to go along with no turnovers, and it is the second time this year and eighth time in his career he has recorded at least five assists in a game. USU is now 6-2 when Rector dishes out at least five assists.
Utah State Set to Begin MW ...03/06/2017
Jalen Moore Has...
LOGAN, Utah – When Jalen Moore first came to Utah State, he didn’t know how good he...03/06/2017
Senior Guard Connor Garner ...
LOGAN, Utah – It was a moment that most kids dream of. The home crowd was chanting his name...03/06/2017
Koby McEwen Unanimous...
LOGAN, Utah – Utah State freshman guard Koby McEwen was a unanimous selection for the...03/05/2017
USU Men’s Basketball ...
LOGAN, Utah - Utah State men’s basketball will enter the Mountain West Men’s...03/05/2017
Utah State Men's Basketball...
LAS VEGAS, Nev. - Utah State men’s basketball (13-16, 7-11 Mountain West) lost 66-59 to...03/02/2017
Utah State Punctuates...02/27/2017
Utah State Earns 89-58...
LOGAN, Utah - Utah State men’s basketball (13-15, 7-10 Mountain West) won 89-58 against Air...02/25/2017
Official Aggie Gear