Nov. 26, 2011
POCATELLO, Idaho -
POST-GAME NOTES Utah State vs. Idaho State November 26, 2011
* Utah State started its fourth different lineup in just its fifth game this year as freshmen Ben Clifford and Adam Thoseby both made their first career starts tonight.
* Utah State made 13 three-pointers in the game to rank tied for the second-most in school history and the most by a USU team since it made 13 three's against Montana Western last season.
* Utah State scored a season-high 75 points and made a season-best 26 field goals.
* Utah State is now 2-0 this season and 61-19 over the last 12 years following a loss.
* Utah State is now 1-2 on the road this year and 96-73 on the road under head coach Stew Morrill.
* Under head coach Stew Morrill, Utah State is now 51-8 against teams from the state of Idaho including a 10-0 record against Idaho State.
* Utah State entered tonight's game with 31 assists in its first four games and had a season-best 21 assists tonight. USU also had a season-best five blocked shots.
* Utah State shot over 50 percent from the field (.578) and over 50 percent from three-point range (.684) for the first time this season. For USU, it was its best shooting game since it shot 62.0 percent at Nevada on Jan. 8, 2011. It was also its best performance from three-point range since it shot 68.8 percent from three against Hawai'i at home on Jan. 11, 2010.
* The six assists by Idaho State are a season-low by an Aggie opponent this year as is the 32.7 percent shooting by ISU tonight. The 25 made free throws and 30 free throw attempts by ISU are both season-highs for a USU opponent.
* Utah State's 10 made free throws and 16 free throw attempts are both season-lows this year. USU also had a season-high 27 team fouls.
* Utah State had five players score in double-figures for the first time this year and for the first time since five Aggies scored in double-figures at Hawaii on Jan. 29, 2011.
* Sophomore guard Preston Medlin scored in double-figures for the second time this season and third time in his career with a career-high 26 points. He also had a career-high six rebounds and a career-high two steals.
* Sophomore guard Preston Medlin made a career-high eight three-pointers which is tied for the third-most in a single-game in school history and the most by an Aggie since Jaycee Carroll made a school-record 10 treys at New Mexico State on Feb. 2, 2006.
* Freshman guard Adam Thoseby scored in double-figures for the first time in his career with his season-best 16 points. Thoseby also played a season-high 24 minutes and had a season-best three assists.
* Senior guard Brockeith Pane tied his career-high with nine assists. Pane also scored in double-figures for the fifth-straight game this year and 27th time in his career with his 10 points. Overall, Pane has now scored in double-figures in eight-straight games dating back to last season.
* Senior forward Morgan Grim scored in double-figures for the third time in his career with 11 points. Grim also tied his career-high with two blocked shots and two assists.
* Freshman forward Ben Clifford scored his first points of the season as he finished with a season-best 10 points for his first-ever double-figure scoring game. Clifford also had a season-best two blocks and two assists in a season-high 37 minutes. Clifford also tied his season-high with seven rebounds.
* Junior forward Igor Premasunac saw his first action of the season tonight with 10 minutes.
Jalen Moore Signs Two-Way...
LOGAN, Utah – Utah State graduate Jalen Moore has signed a two-way contract with the...07/08/2017
Former Aggie Spencer...
LOGAN, Utah - Former Utah State men’s basketball player Spencer Butterfield has been named ...06/30/2017
Jalen Moore Signs with...
LOGAN, Utah – Utah State graduate Jalen Moore has been signed by the Milwaukee Bucks and...06/26/2017
Space Still Available for...
LOGAN, Utah – The Tim Duryea Basketball Camps will wrap up with the position camp and walk-...06/16/2017
Mountain West Announces Men...
LOGAN, Utah - Utah State men’s basketball will open its 2017-18 Mountain West slate on...06/13/2017
Walk-Up Registration for...
LOGAN, Utah – The Tim Duryea Basketball Camp will begin on Monday with walk-up registration...06/08/2017
USU Men's Basketball to...
LOGAN, Utah – Utah State men’s basketball will play at Valparaiso on Tuesday, Nov. 28...06/07/2017
LOGAN, Utah – Registration is still available for the Tim Duryea basketball camps with...05/25/2017
Official Aggie Gear