Nov. 29, 2012
SANTA CLARA, Calif. -
* USU is 4-1 to start a season for the second time in the last three years.
* The Aggies have now won 22 of their last 35 road games (.629) and Wednesday was USU's 100th road with under head coach Stew Morrill, now 100-81 (.552).
* Wednesday was USU's first OT game of the season and first extra session game since Nov. 22, 2011 at Texas A&M-Corpus Christi, and the 58-55 loss there snapped the Aggies' five-game OT win streak dating back to the 2006 season and USU has now won six of its last seven extra session games.
* USU now leads SCU, 5-3, all-time winning the last two and three of the last four meetings. Seven of the eight meetings have been decided by nine points or less including the last three being decided by six points or less.
* Wednesday was Utah State's first-ever win at Santa Clara, losing its previous two meetings on the Broncos' home court.
* Utah State is now 123-31 (.799) against teams from the state of California during the last 13 years, which includes 43-24 (.642) record in California.
* USU had a season-high seven three-pointers for made and attempted (7-of-17).
* The Aggies have now made at least one three-pointer in their last 204-straight games. The last time USU did not make a three-pointer in a game was on Dec. 16, 2006 in Provo as BYU defeated the Aggies, 75-62.
* Utah State's 28 field goals were a season-high while its 56.0 percent (28-of-50) was its second-highest of the season behind a 56.8 percent (25-of-44) effort against Texas A&M-Corpus Christi.
* The Aggies have out-rebounded all five opponents by double-digits.
* Utah State posted a season-high nine steals, while the 17 assists were its second-highest of the season, and the Aggies 25 turnovers were a season-high.
* The 14 turnovers forced by the USU defense was a season-high, while its one blocked shot was a season-low.
* USU is now 3-0 when leading at halftime, 4-1 when out-rebounding opponents.
* The Aggies are now 10-2 in games playing on Nov. 28.
* Junior center Jarred Shaw led USU in scoring for the third time this season and led the team in rebounding for the fifth time before fouling out for the first time this season.
* Junior guard Preston Medlin scored double-digits for the third-straight game and the fourth time in five games this season as well as the 36th time in his career.
* Medlin has made at least one three-pointer in each of his last 10 games played.
* Medlin also dished out a season-high five assists.
* Junior forward Danny Berger posted his season-high with 11 points and it was his second double-figure scoring outing of the season behind 10 points in Saint Mary's game. It was the 12th career double-digit scoring outing.
* Senior forward Kyisean Reed tallied double-digits for the third time this season and 21st time of career... Reed now has four or more rebounds in each of his last 13 career games played
* Freshman guard Marcel Davis posted a season-high with eight points, nearly tripling his previous season-total of three points, and also played a season-high 19 minutes.
Utah State Alum Hal Hale to...
LOGAN, Utah - Utah State men’s basketball alum Hal Hale will be recognized with a...03/29/2016
Utah State's Jalen Moore...
LOGAN, Utah - Utah State’s Jalen Moore announced on Friday that he will declare as an...03/25/2016
Jalen Moore Named America...
LOGAN, Utah – Utah State junior wing Jalen Moore has been named the America First Credit...03/14/2016
Aggies Come Up Short in...
LAS VEGAS, Nev. – Utah State’s run in the 2016 Mountain West Men’s Basketball...03/10/2016
Shane Rector Scores Season-...
LAS VEGAS, Nev. – Junior guard Shane Rector scored a season-high 24 points to lead a...03/09/2016
Smith and Moore Earn...
LOGAN, Utah – Utah State junior wing Jalen Moore and senior guard Chris Smith have been...03/08/2016
Utah State Beginning MW...03/07/2016
Smith and Moore Named All-C...
LOGAN, Utah – Utah State junior wing Jalen Moore and senior guard Chris Smith have been...03/06/2016
Official Aggie Gear