UC Irvine at Utah State post-game notes
Utah State 62, UC Irvine 59
• With the 34-31 lead at halftime, Utah State is now 3-0 when leading at intermission.
• USU started the first half shooting 6-of-6 from the free throw line.
• With the 62-59 win, Utah State is now 33-28 against UC Irvine
• Utah State won its first game this season when scoring less than 70 points, improving to 1-4. Furthermore, USU improved to 2-0 when allowing fewer than 60 points
• Utah State held UC Irvine to 29.4 percent shooting (5-of-17), marking the sixth time USU held an opponent to less than 30 percent shooting from behind the arc.
• This is the first time this season that only one player for USU scored in double-figures.
• Utah State’s bench was outscored (31-14) for just the third time this season, and is 2-1 in those games.
• Utah State’s nine turnovers marked the third time this season with fewer than 10 turnovers. Utah State is 3-0 in those games
• Sophomore guard Sam Merrill scored in double figures for the eighth consecutive game with 13 points. Overall, it is the seventh time this year and 22nd game in his career scoring in double digits.
• Merrill started the game going 4-of-4 from the field, including 1-of-1 from behind the arc, and 2-of-2 from the charity stripe.
• Merrill's 3-point streak continues as the sophomore has now hit a three in each of the last 18 games.
• Sophomore guard Koby McEwen improved to 6-of-8 at the free throw line with less than a minute to play in games this season, as he went 2-of-2 tonight.
• Sophomore Guard Koby McEwen made a season-high seven free throws.
• Senior forward Alex Dargenton's six rebounds mark the fourth time this season and 19th time in his career where he collected five or more boards.
• Dargenton’s two steals ties a career high, while his two blocks mark a season high.
• Dargenton also collected his team-leading seventh dunk of the season.
• Sophomore guard Diogo Brito's five rebounds mark the second time he has grabbed five or more rebounds in a game this season.
• Junior forward Dwayne Brown, Jr., made a career-high two three-point field goals.
• Junior forward Quinn Taylor's two 3-pointers tied his career high.
• Taylor's six rebounds marked the second time this season he has collected five or more rebounds and the 23rd time in his career.
•Taylor was efficient from the floor, shooting 3-of-3, including 2-of-2 from the 3-point line. It is the 10th time in his career he has been flawless from the floor.
Eric Peterson Named...
LOGAN, Utah – Utah State head men’s basketball coach Craig Smith has named Eric...04/20/2018
Tauriawn Knight Set to Join...
LOGAN, Utah – Utah State head men’s basketball coach Craig Smith announced the...04/17/2018
Transcript - Introductory...03/27/2018
Craig Smith Named Utah...
Utah State University Vice President and Director of Athletics John Hartwell announced Monday...03/26/2018
Koby McEwen Named Second-Te...
LOGAN, Utah – Utah State sophomore guard Koby McEwen has been named second-team all-distric...03/13/2018
Tim Duryea Relieved of His ...
Utah State University Vice President and Director of Athletics John Hartwell announced today (Mar...03/11/2018
Utah State Loses 83-68 to...
LAS VEGAS, Nev. - Utah State men's basketball lost, 83-68, to New Mexico on Friday night in its...03/10/2018
Utah State Men's Basketball...
LAS VEGAS, Nev. - For the first time since joining the Mountain West Conference, Utah State men's...03/08/2018
Official Aggie Gear