Dec. 7, 2010
LOGAN, Utah -
POST-GAME NOTES Utah State vs. Long Beach State - 12/7/10
* Stew Morrill won his 300th game at Utah State. Overall, he is 300-101 in 13 years at USU and 518-239 in 25 years as a collegiate head coach.
* Utah State has won 18 straight home games dating back to last year and 70 of its last 72 overall. Under Morrill, USU is now 180-13 at home including an 88-5 record against non-conference opponents.
* Utah State is now 2-0 this year and 58-19 over the last 11 years following a loss.
* Utah State improved to 70-20 at home during December under Morrill including a 58-2 record at home.
* Utah State has won 12 straight games and is 161-9 under Morrill when allowing fewer than 60 points.
* Utah State improved to 110-27 against teams from the state of California during the last 12 years including a 63-6 mark at home.
* Utah State scored a season-high 81 points, shot a season-high 26 three-pointers and made a season-high 10 threes. USU also had season-highs in assists (24) field goals made (31) and field goals attempted (63).
* Utah State's 17 team fouls were tied for its season-low and it committed single-digit turnovers (7) for the second time this year.
* Senior guard Pooh Williams scored a career-high 19 points and tied his career-high with six assists. He also tied his career-high with four made three-pointers. Williams also had his first dunk of the season and took his first charge of the year.
* Senior forward Tai Wesley notched his first double-double of the season and the 10th of his career with 16 points and a career-high 14 rebounds. It was also his 10th career double-figure rebounding game. He also had a season-high six assists.
* With his 14 rebounds tonight, Wesley now has 662 career rebounds and moved ahead of Dean Hunger (1977-80) who had 649 career rebounds, Jimmy Moore (1973-75) who had 652 career rebounds and Troy Collier (1963-64) who had 654 career rebounds and into 14th-place all-time at USU in rebounding.
* With his six assists, Wesley now has 302 assists in his career and moved ahead of Reid Newey (1984, 87-89) who had 298 career assists and is now tied with Spencer Nelson (1999, 2003-05) for ninth-place all-time at USU.
* Wesley scored in double-figures for the eighth time this year and for the 79th time overall which ranks sixth all-time in school history.
* Senior forward Nate Bendall made his first start of the season and 34th of his career, and had a season-high five rebounds.
* Senior guard Brian Green scored in double-figures for the fifth time this year and 12th time in his career with 13 points.
* Senior guard Tyler Newbold started his 103rd career game tonight which ranks fourth all-time at Utah State along with Kendall Youngblood (1989-92). Wesley started his 102nd career game which ranks sixth all-time at USU.
* Newbold and Wesley both played in their 113th career games ranking tied for 13th all-time at USU along with Jon Wickizer (1993-96) and Brian Jackson (1978-81).
* Freshman guard James Walker III scored a season-high seven points and tied his season-high with two assists.
* Senior forward Matt Formisano scored a season-high four points and tied his season-high with 13 minutes.
Utah State Face Nevada...01/28/2016
Utah State loses 70-55 in...
SAN DIEGO, Calif. - Utah State men’s basketball had a lead early in the second half, but...01/23/2016
Utah State Set for Regular ...01/21/2016
Utah State Falls To UNLV In...
LOGAN, Utah – Utah State’s men’s basketball team had its two-game winning...01/19/2016
Chris Smith Named Mountain ...
LOGAN, Utah – Utah State senior guard Chris Smith has been named the Mountain West Player...01/18/2016
USU Hosting UNLV in Lone...01/18/2016
Utah State Scores Season...
FORT COLLINS, Colo. – Utah State men’s basketball scored a season-high 96 points, the...01/16/2016
USU Looking for Repeat...01/14/2016
Official Aggie Gear