Dec. 14, 2013
LOGAN, Utah -
* Utah State has now won 29 straight home games against in-state opponents and is 31-1 all-time at home against teams from the state of Utah under head coach Stew Morrill.
* Utah State has now won 35 of its last 45 games against in-state opponents and is 43-14 against teams from the state of Utah during the last 14 seasons. All-time, USU is now 43-19 against in-state opponents under Morrill.
* Utah State improved to 228-23 at home under Morrill, including a 114-10 record in non-conference games.
* Utah State improved to 90-24 during the month of December under Morrill, including a 74-3 home record.
* Utah State improved to 1-1 this season and 75-28 during the last 14 years following a loss.
* Utah State improved to 6-1 on the season when scoring at least 70 points and has won 97 of its last 104 games when scoring 70 or more points in a game. Overall, USU is now 239-32 under Morrill when scoring at least 70 points.
* Utah State improved to 9-0 all-time against Utah Valley, including a 5-0 home record.
* Utah State improved to 5-1 on the season when leading at the half and has now won 89 of its last 92 games when leading at the half. Under Morrill, USU is now 296-26 when leading at the half.
* Utah State improved to 5-1 on the season when it shoots better from the field and from the three-point line than its opponent, and 5-2 when it out-rebounds its opponent.
* Utah State out-rebounded Utah Valley by 18 (39-21), marking the fourth time this year that USU has had a double-digit rebounding advantage on its opponent.
* Utah State has now held seven of its eight opponents this year to less then 34 percent shooting from three-point range as UVU was 4-of-14 (.286).
* Utah State had a season-high 23 assists and has now recorded 20-plus assists in a game two times this season.
* Utah State had five blocks, marking the fourth time this year that USU has had at least five blocks in a game.
* Utah Valley's 22 made free throws are tied for the most by a Utah State opponent this season, while its 30 free throw attempts are the most by an Aggie opponent this year.
* Utah Valley's 21 rebounds are a season-low for a USU opponent.
* Senior center Jarred Shaw scored in double-figures for the fifth-straight game and seventh time this season with his 18 points. Overall, it is his 33rd career double-figure scoring game.
* Senior guard Preston Medlin scored in double-figures for the sixth time this year and 51st time in his career with his 18 points. Medlin also made a season-high five three-pointers in the game.
* With his 18 points, Medlin now has 1,082 points in his Aggie career and has moved ahead of Gary Wilkinson (1,065) and Nate Williams (1,080) into 28th-place on USU's all-time scoring list.
* Sophomore forward Kyle Davis scored in double-figures for the third-straight game and for the fourth time this season with his 12 points.
* Senior guard/forward Spencer Butterfield had a season-high six assists and finished with five points, marking the first time this year he has not scored in double-figures, snapping a streak of 11 straight double-figure scoring games dating back to last season.
Julion Pearre Named as a...
LOGAN, Utah - Utah State junior guard Julion Pearre has been nominated for the 2017 Allstate NABC...11/30/2016
Utah State Playing BYU at...11/28/2016
Utah State Named to 2017...
LOGAN, Utah - Utah State men's basketball has officially been named to the eight-team field of...11/25/2016
Utah State Loses 75-51 to...
CANCUN, Mexico – Utah State men’s basketball (3-2) lost to Texas Tech (4-1), 75-51,...11/23/2016
Utah State Loses 85-64 to...
CANCUN, Mexico - Utah State men’s basketball (3-1) lost 85-64 to Purdue (3-1) on Tuesday...11/22/2016
Utah State Competing at the...11/20/2016
Utah State Men’s...
LOGAN, Utah – Utah State men’s basketball (3-0) posted an 85-51 victory over Idaho...11/19/2016
Utah State Playing in...11/17/2016
Official Aggie Gear