Dec. 15, 2012
OREM, Utah -
* USU is now 6-1 for the first time since 2008-09 when USU also won its sixth game of the season at Utah Valley.
* The Aggies are now 5-0 this season when leading at the half and they have won 71 of their last 73 games (.973) when leading at intermission. Over the last 13 years, USU is 278-25 (.917) when holding a halftime lead.
* Utah State is has out-rebounding its opponent in all seven games this season, improving to 6-1 when out-rebounding its opponent and the Aggies have had a double-digit rebounding margin in all seven games... Saturday's +15 advantage was right on their season average of +15.0 coming into the game, ranking third in the nation and one of 16 teams in the NCAA with a double-digit rebounding margin.
* The 20 rebounds by Utah Valley is a season-low by a USU opponent, bettering the previous mark of 21 by Western Oregon last Saturday.
* USU had a 17-0 bench scoring advantage Saturday, and have out-scored its counterparts in each of the last three games after not doing so in the previous three games.
* The Aggie bench has averaged 27.3 ppg in the last three games after averaging just 13.0 ppg in the previous four games, out-scoring the opponent's bench, 82-37, in the last three games.
* Utah State's 12 assists Saturday tied a season-low with 12 in Saint Mary's game.
* The Aggies have made at least one three-pointer in the last 206 games played.
* USU is now 8-0 all-time against Utah Valley, including 4-0 at Orem... Saturday's six-point scoring differential was closest in series since first meeting on Dec. 9, 2006 with USU winning 69-65.
* The Aggies have won 32 of their last 40 overall games (.800) against in-state opponents and are 39-12 (.764) against the state of Utah in the last 13 years. Overall, USU is 40-17 (.702) versus teams from the state of Utah under head coach Stew Morrill.
* USU is now 10-0 against teams from the Great West Conference ,posing an 8-0 mark against Utah Valley and a 2-0 ledger against Houston Baptist.
* The Aggies are now 84-23 (.785) during the month of December under head coach Stew Morrill, which includes a 14-19 (.424) mark on the road.
* USU won its third-straight game played on Dec. 15 and is now 5-3 (.625) in known games played on the date.
* The Aggies are also 5-0 this season in games played on Saturday and are 139-52 (.728) in games played on Saturday under Morrill.
* USU's 59.3 percent field goal shooting in the first half is a season-high for a not just a first half but any half this season.
* After at least five FT attempts in the first half in each of first six games, USU has had combined five FT attempts in last two first halves (three vs. Western Oregon, two Saturday).
* The Aggies' 36 points is second-most in a first half this season behind the 38 points in last week's game vs. Western Oregon.
* Freshman guard Marcel Davis made his first start of his USU career.
* Junior center Matt Lopez saw his first action in an Aggie uniform in his first game eligible after transferring from LaSalle last season at mid-year.
* Davis scored in double-figures for the second-straight game with 17 points Saturday after his season-high 21 points last game vs. Western Oregon... At one point Saturday, Davis scored 11 points in a row for USU... Davis now has 38 points in his last two games after posting 11 points in his previous five games.
* Junior center Jarred Shaw posted his third double-double of the season and with his 12 points Saturday, he has scored in double-figures in each of the last six games, and his 11 rebounds is his third double-digit rebounding outing and have been the same three games that he's posted a double-double.
* Shaw has led USU in rebounding in six of the seven games this season.
* Junior guard Preston Medlin's two free throws with 9.5 seconds left to seal the win Saturday give Medlin 7-10 (.700) in free throws in the final two minutes and overtime, leading the team in both FT's made and attempted during that time.
* With one blocked shot Saturday, Shaw has at least one rejection in all seven games this year.
* Also with one blocked shot Saturday, senior forward Kyisean Reed has in his last six games and 10 of his last 12 games played.
* With nine points Saturday, junior forward Spencer Butterfield has averaged 9.3 ppg in the last three games, after averaging 4.0 ppg in the previous four games.
* Butterfield has also hit at least one three-pointer in the last three games and five of the seven games this season.
* With two dunks Saturday, Lopez is now tied with Shaw for second on the team behind Reed's team-leading five jams.
USU Men’s Basketball ...
LOGAN, Utah - Utah State men’s basketball head coach Tim Duryea announced the final piece...11/16/2015
Transcript: Utah State Men&...
USU men's basketball head coach Tim Duryea addressed the media on Monday and answered questions...11/16/2015
Chris Smith Named America...
Senior guard Chris Smith has been named the America First Credit Union USU Student-Athlete of the...11/16/2015
Utah State Hosting First...
LOGAN, Utah - Utah State Athletics and the Big Blue Scholarship Fund will host its first men̵...11/15/2015
Utah State Men's Basketball...11/15/2015
Free Throws and Second Half...
OGDEN, Utah - Utah State men’s basketball redshirt junior guard Shane Rector hit a pair of ...11/13/2015
USU Men’s Basketball ...
LOGAN, Utah - Utah State men’s basketball head coach Tim Duryea announced the 2016-17...11/11/2015
Utah State Men's...11/10/2015
Official Aggie Gear