Dec. 19, 2013
Box Score |
LOGAN, Utah -
* Utah State improved to 229-23 at home under head coach Stew Morrill, including a 115-10 record in non-conference games.
* Utah State improved to 91-24 during the month of December under Morrill, including a 75-3 home record.
* Utah State improved to 47-1 all-time in tournaments it hosts, including winning each of its last 46.
* Utah State improved to 6-1 on the season when leading at the half and has now won 90 of its last 93 games when leading at the half. Under Morrill, USU is now 297-26 when leading at the half.
* Utah State improved to 6-1 on the season when it shoots better from the field and from the three-point line than its opponent, and 6-2 when it out-rebounds its opponent.
* Utah State out-rebounded Western Illinois by 16 (34-18), marking the fifth time this year that USU has had a double-digit rebounding advantage on its opponent.
* Utah State has now held eight of its nine opponents this year to less then 34 percent shooting from three-point range as WIU was 3-of-15 (.200).
* Utah State shot a season-high 71.4 percent from three-point range (5-7).
* Utah State had a season-high 19 turnovers.
* Utah State shot over 50 percent from the field (.528) for the fourth time this year.
* Utah State's 68 points are tied for its season low.
* Utah State had a season-high nine blocks, marking the fifth time this year that USU has had at least five blocks in a game, including in each of its last three games.
* Western Illinois' 52 points are a season-low for a USU opponent.
* Utah State improved to 2-0 this year and 187-16 under Morrill when holding its opponents under 60 points.
* Utah State has now held three opponents this year to less than 40 percent shooting as WIU shot just 39.6 percent (21-53).
* Western Illinois' 18 rebounds are a season-low for a USU opponent.
* Western Illinois was just 7-of-9 from the free throw line and both the seven made free throws and nine free throw attempts are season-lows for an Aggie opponent.
* Western Illinois' 11 steals are a season-high for a USU opponent.
* Sophomore forward Kyle Davis recorded his second double-double this season with his 15 points and 12 rebounds. Overall, it is his second double-figure rebounding game of the season and his fifth double-figure scoring game, including his fourth-straight. He also had a career-high two steals.
* Senior guard Preston Medlin scored in double-figures for the seventh time this year and 52nd time in his career with his 14 points.
* With his 14 points, Medlin now has 1,096 points in his Aggie career and has moved ahead of Jeff O. Anderson (1,095) into 27th-place on USU's all-time scoring list.
* Senior guard/forward Spencer Butterfield scored in double-figures for the eighth time this year and 25th time in his career with his 14 points. He also had a career-high two blocked shots.
* Junior center Jordan Stone played a season-high 17 minutes.
* Sophomore guard Marcel Davis dished out five assists, marking the second time this year and 11th time in his career he has recorded at least five assists in a game.
* Junior forward Ben Clifford had a season-high two blocked shots.