Dec. 20, 2013
Box Score |
LOGAN, Utah -
* Utah State improved to 230-23 at home under head coach Stew Morrill, including a 116-10 record in non-conference games.
* Utah State improved to 92-24 during the month of December under Morrill, including a 76-3 home record.
* Utah State improved to 48-1 all-time in tournaments it hosts, including winning each of its last 47.
* Utah State improved to 7-1 on the season when leading at the half and has now won 91 of its last 94 games when leading at the half. Under Morrill, USU is now 298-26 when leading at the half.
* Utah State is now 1-0 this year and 55-42 all-time in overtime games, including a 24-10 record at home. USU, who has won eight of its last 10 overtime games, is also 14-10 all-time in overtime games under Morrill.
* Utah State improved to 7-1 on the season when it shoots better from the field than its opponent, and 7-2 when it out-rebounds its opponent.
* Utah State out-rebounded UC Santa Barbara by 11 (40-29), marking the sixth time this year, including third straight game, that USU has had a double-digit rebounding advantage on its opponent. USU's 40 rebounds are its third-most this year.
* Utah State has now held four of its opponents this year, including each of its last two, to less than 40 percent shooting as UCSB shot 39.3 percent (24-61).
* Utah State improved to 7-1 on the season and 240-32 under Morrill when scoring at least 70 points.
* Utah State had five blocks, marking the sixth time this year that USU has had at least five blocks in a game, including in each of its last four games.
* UC Santa Barbara is just the second team this year to shoot at least 40 percent from three-point range against USU as the Gauchos were 9-of-21 (.429) from behind the arc.
* Senior guard/forward Spencer Butterfield scored a career-high 30 points, which are the most points scored by an Aggie since Preston Medlin scored 32 points against Idaho on Feb. 24, 2012.
* Senior guard/forward Spencer Butterfield has now scored in double-figures nine times this year and 26 times in his career with his 30 points tonight. It is also the second time this year and fifth time in his career he has scored at least 20 points in a game.
* Senior guard/forward Spencer Butterfield added a season-high 10 rebounds for his first double-double of the season and eighth of his career. He also has eight career double-figure rebounding games. Butterfield played a season-high 39 minutes.
* Sophomore forward Kyle Davis recorded his third double-figure rebounding game of the season with his 10 boards, including his second in as many games. He also played a career-high 35 minutes.
* Senior guard Preston Medlin scored in double-figures for the eighth time this year and 53rd time in his career with his 14 points. He also tied his career-high with 42 minutes played.
* With his 14 points, Medlin now has 1,110 points in his Aggie career and has moved ahead of Troy Collier (1,109) into 26th-place on USU's all-time scoring list.
* Junior center Jordan Stone played a season-high 19 minutes.
* Sophomore guard Marcel Davis tied his career-high with eight assists, marking the third time this year and 12th time in his career he has recorded at least five assists in a game. He also played a season-high 35 minutes.
* Junior forward Ben Clifford tied his season-high with 10 points as he has now scored in double-figures twice this season and 12 times in his career.