LOGAN, Utah -
UTAH STATE MEN’S BASKETBALL
Post-Game Notes vs. Youngstown State (12/20/17)
* Utah State improved to 5-0 this season and 31-6 under head coach Tim Duryea when leading at the half as USU had a 41-34 advantage at intermission tonight.
* Utah State scored 91 points and improved to 6-1 this season and 34-8 under Duryea when scoring at least 70 points. USU also improved to 20-4 under Duryea when scoring at least 80 points. Overall, USU has scored at least 90 points in each of its last two games, marking the first time that has happened since the 2008-09 season.
* Utah State improved to 2-3 this season when its gets outrebounded by its opponent as Youngstown State had a 36-29 advantage on the glass tonight.
* Utah State had a player score 20-plus points for the third-straight game. USU also had four players score in double-figures for the second-straight game and fourth time this season.
* Utah State shot 59.6 percent (31-of-52) from the field, marking the fifth time this year that USU has shot at least 50 percent from the field. Overall, USU has shot at least 59 percent from the field in each of its last two games.
* Utah State was 23-of-35 from the free throw line, both of which are season-highs.
* Utah State’s four blocked shots are tied for its second-most in a game this season.
* Utah State’s bench outscored Youngstown State’s bench 28-16 as USU is now 4-5 on the season when outscoring its opponent’s bench.
* Junior guard DeAngelo Isby (0) scored a career-high with 26 points in a career-high 32 minutes for his second career 20-point game and his eighth career double-figure scoring game.
* Sophomore guard Sam Merrill (3) scored in double-figures for the 10th time this season and 24th time in his career with his 18 points. Merrill also tied his season-high with two steals and tied his season-high with six assists marking the third time this year and 11th time in his career he has dished out at least five assists in a game. Merrill added his team-leading sixth charge taken this season and the 13th of his career. Merrill went 0-of-3 from 3-point range marking the first time this season and first time in his last 21 games that he has not made a 3-point basket.
* Junior forward Dwayne Brown Jr. (25) scored in double-figures for the second-straight game and third time this season with his 16 points. Brown Jr. also had five rebounds for his ninth game this year with at least five boards.
* Junior forward Quinn Taylor (10) played a career-high 37 minutes and scored in double-figures for the third-straight game, which is a career-high, and for the third time this year with his 13 points. Overall, it is his 11th career double-figure scoring game. Taylor also had a career-high four blocked shots and tied his career-high with 10 rebounds for his first double-double this season and the second of his career. Overall, he has now grabbed at least five boards in a game six times this year and 28 times in his career.
* Sophomore guard Diogo Brito (24) had his first career dunk.
USU Men’s Basketball ...
LOGAN, Utah - Utah State head men’s basketball coach Tim Duryea has announced that redshirt...01/16/2018
Tim Duryea Coaches Show...
LOGAN, Utah - Utah State head men’s basketball coach Tim Duryea will talk with radio host...01/15/2018
Utah State Loses 83-57 to...
RENO, Nevada - Utah State men's basketball (10-9, 3-3 Mountain West) lost 83-57 to Nevada (16-3, ...01/13/2018
Utah State at League-Leadin...01/11/2018
Utah State Loses 84-75 to...
LOGAN, Utah - Utah State men’s basketball saw a five-game home winning streak snapped on...01/10/2018
Utah State Hosting Colorado...01/08/2018
Koby McEwen Named Mountain ...
LOGAN, Utah - Utah State sophomore guard Koby McEwen has been named the Mountain West Player of...01/08/2018
Tim Duryea Coaches Show...
LOGAN, Utah - Utah State head men’s basketball coach Tim Duryea will talk with radio host...01/08/2018
Official Aggie Gear