Dec. 21, 2013
Box Score |
LOGAN, Utah -
* Utah State improved to 231-23 at home under head coach Stew Morrill, including a 117-10 record in non-conference games.
* Utah State improved to 93-24 during the month of December under Morrill, including a 77-3 home record.
* Utah State improved to 49-1 all-time in tournaments it hosts, including winning each of its last 48.
* Utah State improved to 8-1 on the season when leading at the half and has now won 92 of its last 95 games when leading at the half. Under Morrill, USU is now 299-26 when leading at the half.
* Utah State is now 3-0 this year and 188-16 under Morrill when holding its opponents below 60 points as Troy's 50 points are a season-low for an Aggie opponent.
* Utah State improved to 8-1 this year when it shoots better from the field than its opponent, and 7-1 when it shoots better from three-point range than its opponent.
* Utah State was out-rebounded for just the second time this year (USC) and is now 2-0 on the season when it gets out-rebounded.
* Utah State's 29 rebounds are a season-low.
* Utah State has now held five of its opponents this year, including each of its last three, to less than 40 percent shooting as Troy shot 29.2 percent (14-48), which is a season-low for an Aggie opponent.
* Utah State improved to 8-1 on the season and 241-32 under Morrill when scoring at least 70 points.
* Utah State shot 55.1 percent overall (27-49), marking the fifth time this year it has shot at least 50 percent from the field.
* Utah State's nine made free throws and 12 free throw attempts both rank as the second-fewest in a game this year.
* Utah State's 20 assists are its third-most this year and marks the third time this year it has recorded at least 20 assists in a game.
* Utah State had single-digit turnovers (9) for the fourth time this season.
* Utah State shot 61.5 percent from three-point range (8-13), marking the third time this year it has shot at least 60 percent from behind the arc.
* Utah State had five blocks, marking the seventh time this year that USU has had at least five blocks in a game, including in each of its last five games.
* Utah State has now held nine of its 11 opponents to less than 34 percent shooting from three-point range as Troy shot just 10.5 percent from behind the arc (2-19), which is a season-low for a USU opponent.
* Troy's 14 field goals are a season-low for a Utah State opponent, while Troy's two made three-point field goals is tied for a season-low (BYU) for a USU opponent.
* Troy scored just 16 first-half points, which is a season-low for a USU opponent.
* Troy's seven assists are the fewest by an Aggie opponent this year.
* Junior forward Danny Berger tied his career-high with 17 points for his first double figure scoring game of the season and the 13th of his career.
* Freshman forward Jalen Moore scored a career-high 11 points and tied his season-high with three assists. Overall, it is his first career double-figure scoring game.
* Sophomore forward Kyle Davis tied his career-high with three blocks.
* Senior guard Preston Medlin scored eight points as he now has 1,118 points to rank 26th on USU's all-time scoring list.
* Sophomore guard Marcel Davis had a season-high five rebounds.
* Freshman guard JoJo McGlaston scored a season-high six points.