Dec. 22, 2011
LOGAN, Utah -
POST-GAME NOTES Utah State vs. Kent State - 12/22/11
* Utah State is 7-1 at home this year and has now won 90 of its last 93 home games. Overall, USU is now 200-14 at home under head coach Stew Morrill, including a 100-6 record against non-conference opponents.
* Utah State is now 43-1 all-time in tournaments it hosts.
* Utah State scored a season-high 81 points and has scored 70-plus points in each of its last five games after scoring over 70 points just once in its first eight games.
* Utah State is 5-1 this year and has won 66 of its last 69 games when scoring 70 points. Overall, USU is now 208-28 under Morrill when scoring at least 70 points.
* Utah State's four-game winning streak is a season-high.
* Utah State started the same lineup in each of its last three games marking the first time this year that USU has started the same lineup in back-to-back-to-back games.
* Utah State made a season-high 30 field goals and recorded a season-high 23 assists.
* Utah State shot 50 percent from the field (.566) for the fourth time this year.
* Utah State shot a season-high 84.2 percent from the free throw line (16-19).
* Utah State has now held eight of its 13 opponents this year to under 40 percent shooting as Kent State shot just 34.2 percent.
* Utah State had two players score 20 points (Kyisean Reed-27, Preston Medlin-20) in the same game for the first time since Tai Wesley (22) and Brockeith Pane (22) each scored 20-plus points at Saint Mary's on Feb. 19, 2011.
* Senior forward Morgan Grim recorded his second-straight double-double and the third of his career with 14 points and a career-high 14 rebounds. Overall, it was his sixth double-figure scoring game of the season and his third double-figure rebounding game. Grim also recorded his fifth dunk of the season and team-leading 12th charge. Grim also tied his career-high with two assists.
* Senior forward Morgan Grim tied the single game tournament record with 14 rebounds against Kent State.
* Junior forward Kyisean Reed scored a career-high 27 points and tied his career-high with two blocked shots. Reed also set the single game tournament record for field goal shooting at 92.3 percent (12-13). Reed also had three dunks in the game to give him a team-leading 10 dunks on the season.
* Sophomore guard Preston Medlin scored in double-figures for the ninth time this year and 10th time in his career with 20 points. Medlin also tied his career-high with two steals. Overall, it is the fourth time this year that Medlin has scored 20-plus points in a game.
* Sophomore guard/forward Danny Berger had a career-high six assists.
Utah State Beginning Two-Ga...01/09/2017
Koby McEwen Named America...
LOGAN, Utah – Utah State freshman guard Koby McEwen has been named the America First Credit...01/09/2017
Koby McEwen Propels Utah...
LOGAN, Utah – Freshman guard Koby McEwen tied a true freshman single-game scoring record...01/07/2017
Utah State Looking for Back...01/06/2017
Utah State Wing Jalen Moore...
LOGAN, Utah – Utah State senior wing Jalen Moore has been named as one of 30 finalists for ...01/05/2017
Freshmen Guards Sam Merrill...
LOGAN, Utah – Second-year Utah State head coach Tim Duryea inserted freshman guard Sam...01/05/2017
Utah State Back in Action, ...01/02/2017
Utah State Loses 78-73 to...
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. – Utah State men’s basketball (6-7, 0-2 Mountain West) lost...12/31/2016
Official Aggie Gear