Dec. 22, 2011
LOGAN, Utah -
POST-GAME NOTES Utah State vs. Kent State - 12/22/11
* Utah State is 7-1 at home this year and has now won 90 of its last 93 home games. Overall, USU is now 200-14 at home under head coach Stew Morrill, including a 100-6 record against non-conference opponents.
* Utah State is now 43-1 all-time in tournaments it hosts.
* Utah State scored a season-high 81 points and has scored 70-plus points in each of its last five games after scoring over 70 points just once in its first eight games.
* Utah State is 5-1 this year and has won 66 of its last 69 games when scoring 70 points. Overall, USU is now 208-28 under Morrill when scoring at least 70 points.
* Utah State's four-game winning streak is a season-high.
* Utah State started the same lineup in each of its last three games marking the first time this year that USU has started the same lineup in back-to-back-to-back games.
* Utah State made a season-high 30 field goals and recorded a season-high 23 assists.
* Utah State shot 50 percent from the field (.566) for the fourth time this year.
* Utah State shot a season-high 84.2 percent from the free throw line (16-19).
* Utah State has now held eight of its 13 opponents this year to under 40 percent shooting as Kent State shot just 34.2 percent.
* Utah State had two players score 20 points (Kyisean Reed-27, Preston Medlin-20) in the same game for the first time since Tai Wesley (22) and Brockeith Pane (22) each scored 20-plus points at Saint Mary's on Feb. 19, 2011.
* Senior forward Morgan Grim recorded his second-straight double-double and the third of his career with 14 points and a career-high 14 rebounds. Overall, it was his sixth double-figure scoring game of the season and his third double-figure rebounding game. Grim also recorded his fifth dunk of the season and team-leading 12th charge. Grim also tied his career-high with two assists.
* Senior forward Morgan Grim tied the single game tournament record with 14 rebounds against Kent State.
* Junior forward Kyisean Reed scored a career-high 27 points and tied his career-high with two blocked shots. Reed also set the single game tournament record for field goal shooting at 92.3 percent (12-13). Reed also had three dunks in the game to give him a team-leading 10 dunks on the season.
* Sophomore guard Preston Medlin scored in double-figures for the ninth time this year and 10th time in his career with 20 points. Medlin also tied his career-high with two steals. Overall, it is the fourth time this year that Medlin has scored 20-plus points in a game.
* Sophomore guard/forward Danny Berger had a career-high six assists.
Last-Second Shot Doesn't...
A last-second shot by Jalen Moore didn't fall on Thursday afternoon as Utah State suffered a 67-6...03/12/2015
Utah State Opens Mountain...
Utah State will begin its run in the Mountain West tournament as the No. 5 seed and face No. 4...03/10/2015
Utah State Trio Earn All-Mo...
LOGAN, Utah - Utah State men's basketball was recognized with three awards as the Mountain West...03/10/2015
Utah State Leads MW in...
LOGAN, Utah - Utah State men's basketball leads the Mountain West in defensive 3-point field goal...03/08/2015
David Collette Named...
LOGAN, Utah - Members of the media that cover the 11 Mountain West men's basketball teams...03/08/2015
Utah State Men's Basketball...
LOGAN, Utah - Utah State men's basketball overcame preseason predictions, where the team was...03/08/2015
Utah State Suffers 75-70...
LOGAN, Utah - Utah State men's basketball led for most of the second half, but faltered over the ...03/07/2015
More Than 50 Former Aggies ...
LOGAN, Utah - More than 50 former Utah State men's basketball players and coaches will converge...03/06/2015
Official Aggie Gear