No. 15 Mississippi State 66, Utah State 64
Dec. 31, 2011
STARKVILLE, Miss. -
Utah State vs. #15 Mississippi State
December 31, 2011
* Utah State has now lost six straight games against Associated Press Top 25 teams and falls to 16-93 all-time against AP Top 25 teams, including a 5-15 record under head coach Stew Morrill.
* Utah State falls to 1-5 on the road this year and is now 96-76 on the road all-time under Morrill.
* Utah State had its season-best four-game winning streak snapped today.
* Utah State had scored at least 70 points in each of its last five games before scoring 64 points today.
* Utah State has now started the same lineup (F-Grim, F-Reed, G-Pane, G-Berger, G-Medlin) in each of its last four games, its longest such streak of the year.
* Utah State is now 3-9 all-time against teams from the Southeastern Conference including an 0-3 record on the road.
* Utah State was out-rebounded (35-31) for the fifth time this year.
* Utah State is now 0-5 on the season when trailing at the half.
* Utah State committed single-digit turnovers (9) for the second-time this year as it had a season-best eight turnovers against Southern Utah. USU also had zero blocks in a game for the first time this year.
* Utah State had season-lows in both free throws made (6) and attempted (9).
* Sophomore guard Preston Medlin scored in double-figures for the 10th time this year and 11th time in his career with 15 points.
* Senior guard Brockeith Pane scored in double-figures for the ninth time this year and 31st time in his career with 11 points. He also tied his season-high with five rebounds.
* Senior forward Morgan Grim scored in double-figures for the third game in a row and for the seventh time this year with his 10 points. He also had a career-best three assists.
* Freshman forward Ben Clifford tied his career-high with seven rebounds.
* Junior guard E.J. Farris tied his season-high with two rebounds.