• Utah State (8-7, 1-1 MW) returns to the Dee Glen Smith Spectrum, hosting Fresno State (11-4, 1-1) on Wednesday, Jan. 3, at 7 p.m. The game can be heard on the Aggie Sports Network or seen on the Mountain West Network, online at www.utahstateaggies.com/watch.
• Utah State and Fresno State will meet for the 58th time, the 14th-longest series in USU history. USU leads the all-time series 33-24, including a 23-7 advantage at home.
• Utah State has won four straight games at home and seven of its last eight within the Dee Glen Smith Spectrum.
• Utah State is 288-220 all-time against members of the Mountain West, and league opponents make up six of the longest series in school history. The Aggies have faced Colorado State 95 times, fourth in school history, San José State 81 times, sixth in school history, Wyoming 76 times, seventh in school history, Fresno State 57 times, 14th in school history, Nevada 55 times, tied for 15th in school history, and Boise State 44 times, 19th in school history.
• Sophomore guard Koby McEwen has led the Aggies on the glass in back-to-back games, collecting season highs of seven rebounds against San José State and San Diego State.
• Sophomore guard Sam Merill has tied his season high with seven field goals against San José State and San Diego State. Merrill has made four 3-point field goals in each of the last two games as well, tying his career high.
• Utah State’s block has been strong over the last few games as junior forward Quinn Taylor has recorded at least one rejection in each of the last five. Senior forward Alex Dargenton has also recorded two or more blocks in each of the last two games, including a season-high three at San Diego State.
• Sophomore guard Diogo Brito has recorded at least one steal in each of the last five games.
Scouting Fresno State
Fresno State is 11-4 on the year and 1-1 in conference play after splitting conference openers against Nevada and Air Force. The Bulldogs fell 80-65 against Nevada before posting a 71-59 victory over Air Force.
Fresno State is averaging 79.1 points per game this year and shooting 50.4 percent (419-of-832) from the floor, 40.2 percent (111-of-276) from behind the 3-point line and 69.1 percent (237-of-343) at the free throw line. Individually, the Bulldogs have five players averaging double figures, led by Deshon Taylor with 18.4 points per game, followed by Bryson Williams with 12.3, Jaron Hopkins with 11.5, Ray Bowles with 11.2 and Jahmel Taylor with 10.9. Williams also paces the team on the glass, averaging 6.9 rebounds per game.
Defensively, teams have averaged 66.3 points per game while shooting 42.8 percent (343-of-802) from the floor, 37.9 percent (103-of-272) from behind the 3-point line and 73.5 percent (205-of-279) at the free throw line. Taylor leads the team with 24 steals and Nate Grimes leads the squad with 18 blocks.
Head coach Rodney Terry is in his seventh year at the helm at Fresno State, compiling an overall mark of 116-101 over that span.
USU Men’s Basketball ...
LOGAN, Utah - Utah State head men’s basketball coach Tim Duryea has announced that redshirt...01/16/2018
Tim Duryea Coaches Show...
LOGAN, Utah - Utah State head men’s basketball coach Tim Duryea will talk with radio host...01/15/2018
Utah State Loses 83-57 to...
RENO, Nevada - Utah State men's basketball (10-9, 3-3 Mountain West) lost 83-57 to Nevada (16-3, ...01/13/2018
Utah State at League-Leadin...01/11/2018
Utah State Loses 84-75 to...
LOGAN, Utah - Utah State men’s basketball saw a five-game home winning streak snapped on...01/10/2018
Utah State Hosting Colorado...01/08/2018
Koby McEwen Named Mountain ...
LOGAN, Utah - Utah State sophomore guard Koby McEwen has been named the Mountain West Player of...01/08/2018
Tim Duryea Coaches Show...
LOGAN, Utah - Utah State head men’s basketball coach Tim Duryea will talk with radio host...01/08/2018
Official Aggie Gear