• Utah State leads the all-time series against 57-38 all-time against CSU, including a 17-7 record at home.
• The game on Wednesday night will mark the 96th meeting between the two teams, the fourth longest series in Utah State history.
• Utah State has scored 80 or more in five of the last six games and is averaging 83.0 points per game over the same six-game stretch.
• Utah State has closed out games well over the last two, holding Fresno State scoreless over the final 4:12 of regulation to force overtime, and then outscoring UNLV 9-0 over the final 2:01 of regulation for the 85-78 victory in Las Vegas.
• Utah State leads the Mountain West in free throw percentage, shooting 79.7 percent (47-of-59) at the line in conference games.
• Sophomore guard Koby McEwen has scored in double figures in five of the last six games, including four games with 20 or more points.
• Redshirt freshman forward Daron Henson was a perfect 4-for-4 from behind the 3-point line against UNLV, scoring a career-high-tying 12 points.
• Utah State has shot better than 40 percent from behind the 3-point line in each of the last two games, connecting on 47.4 percent (9-of-19) from deep against Fresno State, and 40.0 percent (10-of-25) against UNLV.
• Sophomore guard Sam Merrill has been a stat stuffer for the Aggies over the last five games, averaging 18.0 points, 4.8 assists and 4.4 rebounds per game and shooting 58.5 percent (31-of-53) from the floor, 44.8 percent (13-of-29) from behind the 3-point line and 88.2 percent (15-of-17) at the free throw line.
Scouting Colorado State
Colorado State is 8-9 on the year and 1-3 in league play. The Rams have lost three of their last four games, including back-to-back home losses against San Diego State (77-68) and Fresno State (82-79).
CSU is averaging 70.2 points per game and shooting 40.3 percent (409-of-1,014) from the floor, 32.1 percent (116-of-361) from behind the 3-point line and 71.8 percent (260-of-362) at the free throw line. Individually, guards Prentiss Nixon and J.D. Paige lead the Rams in scoring, averaging 17.5 and 10.3 points per game, respectively. Paige also leads CSU with 42 assists and Nico Carvacho paces the Rams on the glass, averaging 8.0 rebounds per game.
Defensively, teams are averaging 75.5 points per game and shooting 45.6 percent (457-of-1,002) from the floor, 36.6 percent (155-of-424) from behind the 3-point line and 68.7 percent (215-of-313) at the free throw line. Nixon leads the team with 20 steals and Che Bob leads the Rams with 29 blocks.
Head coach Larry Eustachy, a former head coach at Utah State, is in his sixth season at Colorado State, guiding the Rams to a 119-69 record during that span.
Injury Bug Bites
Utah State has been without its full arsenal of talent for 47 total man games this season.
Mountain West Player of the Week
Sophomore guard Koby McEwen was named the Mountain West Player of the Week on Jan. 8, guiding the Aggies to a pair of league victories over Fresno State (81-79 OT) and UNLV (85-78) with 28-point and 21-point performances, respectively.
Sophomore guard Sam Merrill has recorded at least one steal in each of the last six games.
Junior forward Quinn Taylor has recorded at least one block in each of the last seven games.
Utah State has shot 50 percent or better from the floor in six games this season and is 5-1 in those games.
Winning 50’s - Part II
Utah State has five players all shooting 50 percent or better from the floor this season, including redshirt freshman forward Klay Stall (.563), junior forward Quinn Taylor (.535), senior forward Alex Dargenton (.521), sophomore guard Sam Merrill (.503) and junior forward Dwayne Brown Jr. (.500).
USU Men’s Basketball ...
LOGAN, Utah - Utah State head men’s basketball coach Tim Duryea has announced that redshirt...01/16/2018
Tim Duryea Coaches Show...
LOGAN, Utah - Utah State head men’s basketball coach Tim Duryea will talk with radio host...01/15/2018
Utah State Loses 83-57 to...
RENO, Nevada - Utah State men's basketball (10-9, 3-3 Mountain West) lost 83-57 to Nevada (16-3, ...01/13/2018
Utah State at League-Leadin...01/11/2018
Utah State Loses 84-75 to...
LOGAN, Utah - Utah State men’s basketball saw a five-game home winning streak snapped on...01/10/2018
Utah State Hosting Colorado...01/08/2018
Koby McEwen Named Mountain ...
LOGAN, Utah - Utah State sophomore guard Koby McEwen has been named the Mountain West Player of...01/08/2018
Tim Duryea Coaches Show...
LOGAN, Utah - Utah State head men’s basketball coach Tim Duryea will talk with radio host...01/08/2018
Official Aggie Gear