• Utah State (10-8, 3-2 MW) will look for its second consecutive road victory on Saturday when the Aggies face Nevada (15-3, 4-0 MW) in Reno at 5 p.m. (PT).
• Utah State leads the all-time series against Nevada, 36-19, but has lost each of the last two and four of the last five. The series is even at 14-14 in Reno.
• The USU-Nevada series is tied for the 15th longest in Utah State basketball history, as Saturday night will mark the 56th installment.
• Utah State allowed an opponent to score more than 80 points for just the second time this season in its 84-78 loss against Colorado State in its last time out.
• Sophomore guard Koby McEwen has recorded matching season highs of seven rebounds in three of the last five games.
• Sophomore guard Sam Merrill has tied his career high of four 3-point field goals in three of the last five games and has recorded at least one steal in seven consecutive contests, including a career-high-tying three against Colorado State.
• Merrill has also shot the ball well over the last five games, averaging better than 50 percent from both the floor and from behind the 3-point line. Over the last five games, Merrill is shooting 58.5 percent (31-of-53) from the floor, 53.1 percent (17-of-32) from behind the 3-point line and 91.7 percent (11-of-12) at the free throw line.
• Redshirt freshman forward Daron Henson has scored 12 points in each of the last two games, matching his career high in both contests. Most of his scoring has come from long range as he was a perfect 4-for-4 from behind the 3-point line at UNLV and then made three of a career-high seven attempts from long range against Colorado State.
Nevada is 15-3 on the year and a league-leading 4-0 in the Mountain West. The Wolf Pack have had an entire week to prepare for the Aggies after having a mid-week bye.
Nevada is averaging 82.6 points per game and shooting 48.4 percent (509-of-1,052) from the floor, 42.9 percent (174-of-406) from behind the 3-point line and 73.0 percent (294-of-403) at the free throw line. The Wolf Pack have four players averaging double figures in Caleb Martin (19.2 ppg), Jordan Caroline (17.1 ppg), Cody Martin (13.6 ppg) and Kendall Stephens (12.2 ppg). Caroline also paces the Wolf Pack on the glass, averaging 9.4 rebounds per game. Cody Martin and Lindsey Drew are tied for the team lead with 73 assists on the year.
Defensively, teams are averaging 70.3 points per game against Nevada and shooting 42.6 percent (456-of-1,070) from the floor, 32.6 percent (132-of-405) from behind the 3-point line and 68.0 percent (221-of-325) at the free throw line. Cody Martin leads the Wolf Pack in both blocks and steals, totaling 30 and 29, respectively.
Head coach Eric Musselman is in his third season at Nevada, guiding the Wolf Pack to an overall mark of 67-24 record over that span.
Utah State attempted a school-record 35 3-point shots against Mississippi Valley State on Nov. 15, converting 13, third-best in school history.
Rain Men - Part II
The Aggies have been committed to the 3-point shot this season, taking 43.3 percent of their overall field goal attempts from behind the arc.
Rain Men - Part III
Utah State has recorded 30 or more 3-point attempts in four games this season.
Where to Watch
The game against Nevada can been seen on ESPN3, online at watchespn.com, with Trey Bender providing play-by-play and Kyle Macy as the analyst.
Tim Duryea Relieved of His ...
Utah State University Vice President and Director of Athletics John Hartwell announced today (Mar...03/11/2018
Utah State Loses 83-68 to...
LAS VEGAS, Nev. - Utah State men's basketball lost, 83-68, to New Mexico on Friday night in its...03/10/2018
Utah State Men's Basketball...
LAS VEGAS, Nev. - For the first time since joining the Mountain West Conference, Utah State men's...03/08/2018
Utah State Men's Basketball...
LAS VEGAS, Nev. - Utah State men's basketball remained undefeated in the first round of the...03/07/2018
Sam Merrill Discovers...
LOGAN, Utah – It started as an assignment in a leadership class, but it ended with a...03/07/2018
Sam Merrill and Koby McEwen...
LOGAN, Utah – Utah State sophomore guards Sam Merrill and Koby McEwen have been named third...03/06/2018
Utah State at Mountain West...03/05/2018
USU Men’s Basketball ...
LOGAN, Utah - Utah State men’s basketball will enter the Mountain West Men’s...03/03/2018
Official Aggie Gear