Game Notes | Live Stats | Listen Live | Watch Live
• Utah State (10-9, 3-3 MW) continues a two-game Mountain West road trip this week, playing at Boise State (15-3, 5-1 MW) on Wednesday, Jan. 17, at 7 p.m.
• Utah State leads the all-time series against Boise State, 30-14, but has lost each of the last five. Prior to the losing streak, USU had won eight of the last nine.
• The last three meetings between the two teams have all been decided by three points or less. Furthermore, Utah State and Boise State have met eight times as Mountain West foes with six of those games being decided by five points or less.
• Utah State opponents have scored 80 or more points in back-to-back games, marking just the second time under head coach Tim Duryea that opponents have surpassed 80 or more points in subsequent contests.
• Utah State has won the battle of the boards in three of the last four contests, carrying a rebounding advantage of plus-4.25.
• Utah State post players accounted for more than half of the Aggies’ scoring at Nevada, combining for 32 points and shooting 62.5 percent (15-of-24) from the floor.
• Utah State’s backcourt has been a difference maker for the Aggies this season as USU has captured nine of its 10 wins this season when its starting guards have outscored the opposition’s backcourt.
• Balanced scoring has also led to success for the Aggies as Utah State is 6-1 on the year when four or more players score in double figures during a game.
Scouting Boise State
Boise State is currently 15-3 on the year and 5-1 in the Mountain West with its only losses against Iowa State (75-64), Southern Methodist (86-63) and Wyoming (79-78).
The Broncos are averaging 79.2 points per game and shooting 47.1 percent (503-of-1.067) from the floor, 39.5 percent (182-of-461) from behind the 3-point line and 70.3 percent (237-of-337) at the free throw line. BSU is led in scoring by Chandler Hutchison with 19.8 points per game, along with a team-best 8.4 rebounds per game. He is followed by Justinian Jessup (13.1 ppg), Alex Hobbs (10.6 ppg) and Chris Sengfelder (10.6 ppg). Hutchison also leads Boise State with a team-best 57 assists on the year.
Defensively, teams are averaging 66.9 points per game against the Broncos and shooting 40.5 percent (444-of-1.095) from the floor, 28.8 percent (113-of-393) from behind the 3-point line and 70.7 percent (203-of-287) at the free throw line. Zach Haney leads BSU with 12 blocks and Jessup leads the team with 25 steals.
Head coach Leon Rice is in his eighth season at the helm in Boise, guiding the Broncos to an overall mark of 157-90 over that span.
Sophomore guard Sam Merrill is currently second in the Mountain West, averaging 34.4 minutes per game.
Marathon Man - Part II
Merrill is the only Aggie to have played in 20 or more minutes in every game for Utah State this season. Furthermore, he has played in 30 or more minutes in a game in all but one game this season.
Utah State Beats Mountain...
LOGAN, Utah – Fueled by 23 points and five assists from sophomore guard Koby McEwen, Utah...02/10/2018
Utah State Looking for...02/09/2018
Utah State Men's Basketball...
LARAMIE, Wyo. - Utah State men's basketball (13-12, 6-6 MW) lost at Wyoming (16-8, 7-4 MW) 83-65 ...02/07/2018
Utah State Back in Action...02/05/2018
Koby McEwen Named Mountain ...
LOGAN, Utah - Utah State sophomore guard Koby McEwen has been named the Mountain West Player of...02/05/2018
Tim Duryea Coaches Show...
LOGAN, Utah - Utah State head men’s basketball coach Tim Duryea will talk with radio host...02/05/2018
McEwen’s Career-High ...
LOGAN, Utah – Sophomore guard Koby McEwen scored the first eight points of the game for...01/31/2018
Utah State Hosts New Mexico...01/29/2018
Official Aggie Gear