• Utah State (10-10, 3-4 MW) returns to the Dee Glen Smith Spectrum and hosts Wyoming (11-7, 2-3 MW) on Saturday, Jan. 20, at 7 p.m.
• Wyoming leads the all-time series against Utah state 49-27, but the Aggies have won two of the last three games, and five straight inside the Dee Glen Smith Spectrum.
• The series against Wyoming is the seventh-longest in school history for Utah State, totaling 76 games and beginning in 1925-26. USU leads the Cowboys at home with a 19-16 record in Logan.
• Utah State has scored 80 or more points against Wyoming in each of the last three games against the Cowboys.
• Utah State has won the battle of the boards in four of the last five contests, carrying a rebounding advantage of plus-4.4.
• Utah State’s starting guard trio of sophomores Koby McEwen, Sam Merrill and Diogo Brito pulled down the majority of the boards for the Aggies at Boise State, totaling 20 of the team’s overall 30 during the game.
• Sophomore guard Sam Merrill has been a leader on the defensive side of the ball over the last few games, recording at least one block in back-to-back games for the Aggies and at least one steal in eight of the last nine.
• Junior forward Dwayne Brown Jr. has averaged double-figure scoring numbers over the last five games, turning in 11.8 points per contest, and scoring in double figures in four of the last five games.
• Utah State’s bench has turned in 20 or more points in each of the last four games.
• Utah State has not benefited at the free throw line over the last two games, knocking down seven free throws in each game, tying the season low for the Aggies.
Wyoming is 11-7 on the year, 2-3 in the Mountain West, and has lost back-to-back league games on the road at New Mexico (75-66) and at home to Colorado State (78-73).
The Cowboys are averaging 77.1 points per game and shooting 43.3 percent (455-of-1,051) from the floor, 33.5 percent (149-of-445) from behind the 3-point line and 74.4 percent (329-of-442) at the free throw line. Justin James leads Wyoming individually with 17.6 points per game and is followed by Hayden Dalton with 17.1 points per game and Alan Herndon with 12.4 points per game. Dalton also paces the Pokes on the glass, averaging 8.3 rebounds per contest. Cody Keller leads Wyoming with 50 assists on the year.
Defensively, teams are averaging 76.2 points per game against Wyoming and shooting 42.4 percent (472-of-1,112) from the floor, 36.6 percent (146-of-399) from behind the 3-point line and 68.7 percent (281-of-409) at the free throw line. Dalton is tied for the team lead in steals with Hunter Maldonado, with the duo totaling 17 on the year. Herndon leads the team with 41 blocks and is atop the Mountain West with 2.3 blocks per contest.
Head coach Allen Edwards is in his second year at the helm in Laramie, guiding the Cowboys to an overall mark of 34-22 during his tenure.
Utah State Looking for...02/09/2018
Utah State Men's Basketball...
LARAMIE, Wyo. - Utah State men's basketball (13-12, 6-6 MW) lost at Wyoming (16-8, 7-4 MW) 83-65 ...02/07/2018
Utah State Back in Action...02/05/2018
Koby McEwen Named Mountain ...
LOGAN, Utah - Utah State sophomore guard Koby McEwen has been named the Mountain West Player of...02/05/2018
Tim Duryea Coaches Show...
LOGAN, Utah - Utah State head men’s basketball coach Tim Duryea will talk with radio host...02/05/2018
McEwen’s Career-High ...
LOGAN, Utah – Sophomore guard Koby McEwen scored the first eight points of the game for...01/31/2018
Utah State Hosts New Mexico...01/29/2018
Tim Duryea Coaches Show...
LOGAN, Utah - Utah State head men’s basketball coach Tim Duryea will talk with radio host...01/29/2018
Official Aggie Gear