Live Stats | Listen Live | Watch Live | Game Notes
• Utah State will host Colorado State on Saturday, Jan. 21, at 7 p.m. Fans can watch the game live on Twitter and online at utahstateaggies.com/videos.
• Utah State leads the all-time series against Colorado State, 57-36, and has won five of the last six. The Aggies lone setback over the stretch was a 75-70 loss to the Rams at home during the 2014-15 season. Overall, Utah State is 17-6 against CSU at home.
Things Of Note
• Senior wing Jalen Moore has scored in double figures in 30 consecutive games and needs one more game in double figures to tie the ninth-longest streak of double-digit outings in school history.
• Moore is currently No. 15 on the all-time scoring list at Utah State with 1,412 career points. Next on the list is Kevin Nixon (1985-88) with 1,456 career points.
• Freshman guard Koby McEwen leads all freshmen in the Mountain West with 14.6 points, 4.9 rebounds, 3.1 assists, a 1.5 assist/turnover ratio and 30.5 minutes per game. McEwen is also tops among MW freshmen behind the 3-point line, shooting 44.3 percent (31-of-70).
• Since being inserted into the starting lineup the last four games, freshman guard Sam Merrill has scored in double figures in every game. Merrill is third on the team with 14.8 points per game over the same stretch and leads the team with 17 assists and six steals.
• Utah State leads the Mountain West in 3-point field goal percentage (.429) in conference games, is second in the Mountain West with 9.5 3-point field goals made per game in league play and is the only team with three players ranked in the top 10 of the MW in 3-point field goal percentage, including Koby McEwen (.552, 2nd) and Sam Merrill (.519, 4th) and Jalen Moore (.417, 9th).
Scouting Colorado State
Colorado State is 11-8 on the year, including a 3-3 mark in the Mountain West, and coming off of back-to-back losses at home against New Mexico (84-71) and on the road at Fresno State (78-57).
The Rams are averaging 72.5 points per game and shooting 42.3 percent (450-of-1,063) from the floor, 32.1 percent (113-of-352) from behind the 3-point line and 73.8 percent (364-of-493) at the free throw line. The Rams are led individually by Gian Clavell with 16.4 points per game and followed by Emmanuel Omogbo with 12.9 and Prentiss Nixon with 12.8 points per game, respectively. J.D. Paige leads CSU with 54 assists on the year, averaging 2.8 per game. Omogbo leads the Rams on the glass with 198 rebounds, averaging a Mountain West-best 10.4 per game.
Defensively, teams are averaging 68.6 points per game against the Rams and shooting 40.3 percent (457-of-1,133) from the floor, 31.6 percent (142-of-450) from behind the 3-point line and 68.0 percent (247-of-363) at the free throw line. Colorado State will be without its leading blocker for the rest of the season as Che Bob, leading the Rams with 17 blocks, has been ruled academically ineligible. In addition to leading the team in assists, Paige also paces the Rams with 21 steals on the year.
Bob is one of three players that will be unavailable for Colorado State down the stretch, joining Devocio Butler and Kimani Jackson.
Head coach Larry Eustachy is 98-56 all-time at Colorado State, including a 1-5 mark against Utah State.
Series History Against Colorado State
Utah State leads the all-time series against Colorado State, 57-36, and has won five of the last six. The Aggies are 17-6 against the Rams in Logan.
Last Time Against Colorado State
LOGAN, Utah - Junior wing Jalen Moore eclipsed the 1,000-point plateau for his career as the Aggies posted a 72-59 victory over Colorado State on Feb. 17, 2016, in the Dee Glen Smith Spectrum.
Moore finished second on the team with 16 points, trailing only senior guard Chris Smith with 19. Utah State finished the game shooting 48.2 percent (27-of-56) from the floor, 39.1 percent (9-of-23) from behind the 3-point line and 56.3 percent (9-of-16) at the free throw line.
Colorado State was paced by a trio of double-digit scorers in Antwan Scott with 18, John Gillon with 14 and Emmanuel Omogbo with 10. CSU’s Tiel Daniels led both teams on the glass with 10 rebounds. The Rams finished the game shooting 32.8 percent (20-of-61) from the floor, 25.8 percent (8-of-31) from behind the 3-point line and 64.7 percent (11-of-17) at the free throw line.
Did you Know?
Colorado State head coach Larry Eustachy was also the head coach at Utah State, leading the Aggies to a 98-53 mark during his five-year tenure from 1994-98. USU had a pair of postseason appearances under Eustacy, advancing to the NIT in 1994-95 and the NCAA Tournament in 1997-98.
Ties to the Beehive State
Colorado State sophomore forward Braden Koelliker is a native of Kaysville, Utah and prepped at Davis High School, graduating in 2013. Current USU freshman Abel Porter was a teammate of Koelliker with the Darts. Koelliker went on to play at Snow College and was a teammate with current USU sophomore forward Norbert Janicek.
Utah State will play at New Mexico on Tuesday, Jan. 24, at 9 p.m. The game can be heard live on KVNU with Al Lewis providing play-by-play. Fans can also watch the game on ESPNU with Steve Quis providing play-by-play and Adrian Branch providing color.
Tim Duryea Coach’s Show
Utah State head coach Tim Duryea will join Al Lewis on most Mondays throughout the men’s basketball season from 6:05 to 7 p.m. The next show is scheduled for Monday, Jan. 30, at the Pizza Pie Cafe on 1400 North.
Basketball Coach’s Luncheon
Utah State men’s basketball will host seven coach’s luncheons this season, hosted by Aggies Unlimited. The next luncheon is scheduled for Monday, Jan. 30, on the third floor of the West Stadium Center in Maverik Stadium.
Utah State Set to Begin MW ...03/06/2017
Jalen Moore Has...
LOGAN, Utah – When Jalen Moore first came to Utah State, he didn’t know how good he...03/06/2017
Senior Guard Connor Garner ...
LOGAN, Utah – It was a moment that most kids dream of. The home crowd was chanting his name...03/06/2017
Koby McEwen Unanimous...
LOGAN, Utah – Utah State freshman guard Koby McEwen was a unanimous selection for the...03/05/2017
USU Men’s Basketball ...
LOGAN, Utah - Utah State men’s basketball will enter the Mountain West Men’s...03/05/2017
Utah State Men's Basketball...
LAS VEGAS, Nev. - Utah State men’s basketball (13-16, 7-11 Mountain West) lost 66-59 to...03/02/2017
Utah State Punctuates...02/27/2017
Utah State Earns 89-58...
LOGAN, Utah - Utah State men’s basketball (13-15, 7-10 Mountain West) won 89-58 against Air...02/25/2017
Official Aggie Gear