Live Stats | Listen Live | Watch Live | Game Notes
• Utah State returns to the Dee Glen Smith Spectrum and hosts Fresno State on Saturday, Jan. 28, at 7 p.m. The game can be heard live on KVNU with Al Lewis providing play-by-play and Rod Tueller providing color. Fans can also watch the game via the Mountain West Network, online at utahstateaggies.com/videos.
Things Of Note
• Senior wing Jalen Moore has scored in double figures in 32 consecutive games, the seventh-longest streak in Utah State history. Furthermore, Moore has scored in double figures in 19 consecutive conference games. Overall, Moore has scored in double figures 80 times in his career, sixth all-time in Utah State history.
• Moore is currently No. 15 on the all-time scoring list at Utah State with 1,440 career points. Next on the list is Kevin Nixon (1985-88) with 1,456 career points.
• Freshman guard Koby McEwen leads all freshmen in the Mountain West with 14.6 points, 4.9 rebounds, 2.9 assists and 30.7 minutes per game.
• Since being inserted into the starting lineup over the past five games, freshman guard Sam Merrill has averaged 12.2 points per game. Merrill was averaging 6.3 points per game when coming off of the bench.
• Utah State leads the Mountain West in 3-point field goal percentage (.391) in conference games and is the only team with two players ranked in the top five of the MW in 3-point field goal percentage, including Koby McEwen (.487, 2nd) and Sam Merrill (.457, 3rd).
Scouting Fresno State
Fresno State is 13-7 on the year, 5-3 in the Mountain West and winners of its last three games, including an 81-76 victory at league-leading Nevada in its last time out.
Fresno State is averaging 75.3 points per game and shooting 48.0 percent (539-of-1,124) from the floor, 35.7 percent (126-of-353) from behind the 3-point line and 65.1 percent (302-of-464) at the free throw line. The Bulldogs have five players averaging double-digit scoring numbers, including Paul Watson (13.5 ppg), Jaron Hopkins (12.7 ppg), Jahmel Taylor (12.6 ppg), Karachi Edo (11.0 ppg) and Cullen Russo (10.2 ppg). Hopkins leads the team with 75 assists, averaging 3.75 per game. Edo leads the team on the glass, averaging 6.8 rebounds per game, appearing in just nine of the team’s 20 games this season.
Defensively, teams are averaging 70.7 points per game against the Bulldogs, shooting 40.9 percent (465-of-1,136) from the floor, 31.1 percent (133-of-427) from behind the 3-point line and 74.2 percent (350-of-472) at the free throw line. Hopkins is also tops for the Bulldogs with 44 steals and Edo leads Fresno State with 17 blocks.
Head coach Rodney Terry is in his sixth season, compiling an overall mark of 98-91 over that span, including a 5-2 record against Utah State.
Series History Against Fresno State
Utah State and Fresno State will meet for the 57th time, the 14th-longest series in USU history. USU leads the all-time series 32-24, including a 22-7 advantage at home.
Last Time Against Fresno State
LOGAN, Utah – In the final regular season home game of the 2015-16 season, Utah State’s men’s basketball team fell short with a chance to win in the closing seconds, losing to Fresno State 86-85 on March 5, 2016, in front of 9,870 fans at the Dee Glen Smith Spectrum.
Utah State had a chance to tie the game at 86-apiece with 3.8 seconds left when junior wing Jalen Moore was fouled while attempting a 3-point shot in front of the Aggies’ bench. Moore made the first two free throws to pull the hosts within one. Following a timeout by Fresno State (22-9, 13-5 MW), Moore missed the third free throw attempt and the Bulldogs’ Marvelle Harris grabbed the rebound. Harris was fouled with 3.1 seconds to go, but the senior guard missed both free throws. Moore grabbed the rebound for the Aggies, but his outlet pass was a little too high and Fresno State held on.
Moore led the Aggies with 22 points on 7-of-14 shooting from the field, including 3-of-6 from beyond the arc, and 5-of-6 from the charity stripe. Senior guard Chris Smith chipped in 18 points and five rebounds for Utah State, while sophomore guard Julion Pearre and redshirt junior forward Lew Evans added 16 and 10 points apiece, respectively, off the bench.
The Aggies shot 27-of-59 (45.8 percent) from the field, including 11-of-24 (45.8 percent) from 3-point range, and 20-of-27 (74.1 percent) from the foul line. Fresno State shot 31-of-61 (50.8 percent) from the field and 18-of-27 (66.7 percent) from the free-throw line.
Utah State will open the month of February, hosting Nevada on Wednesday, Feb. 1, at 7 p.m. The game can be heard live on KVNU with Al Lewis providing play-by-play and Rod Tueller providing color. Fans can also watch the game via ESPN3, online at watchespn.com.
Tim Duryea Coach’s Show
Utah State head coach Tim Duryea will join Al Lewis on most Mondays throughout the men’s basketball season from 6:05 to 7 p.m. The next show is scheduled for Monday, Jan. 30, at the Pizza Pie Cafe on 1400 North.
Basketball Coach’s Luncheon
Utah State men’s basketball will host seven coach’s luncheons this season, hosted by Aggies Unlimited. The next luncheon is scheduled for Monday, Jan. 30, on the third floor of the West Stadium Center in Maverik Stadium.
Tim Duryea Coaches Show...
LOGAN, Utah - Utah State head men’s basketball coach Tim Duryea will talk with radio host...12/04/2017
Utah State Loses to In-Stat...
LOGAN, Utah – Utah State missed 13 of its 23 free throws against in-state rival BYU on...12/02/2017
Utah State Returns to Logan...12/01/2017
Utah State Men's Basketball...
VALPARAISO, Ind. – Utah State (4-4) capped a season-long 13-day road trip with a 72-65 loss...11/28/2017
Utah State Closes Road Trip...11/27/2017
Sam Merrill Named America...
Utah State sophomore guard Sam Merrill has been named the America First Credit Union Utah State...11/27/2017
Utah State Men's Basketball...
NASHVILLE, Tenn. - Utah State men's basketball (4-3) posted a 77-63 victory over New Hampshire (1...11/25/2017
Utah State Men's Basketball...
NASHVILLE, Tenn. - Utah State men's basketball (3-3) defeated Northeastern (2-3), 71-67, on...11/24/2017
Official Aggie Gear