• Utah State (12-11, 5-5 MW) continues its 2017-18 season, hosting New Mexico (11-11, 6-3 MW) inside the Dee Glen Smith Spectrum on Wednesday, Jan. 31, at 7 p.m.
• Utah State leads the all-time series against New Mexico 22-9, including a 12-2 mark in Logan. The Aggies have won three of the last five overall and back-to-back games inside the Dee Glen Smith Spectrum.
• Utah State’s 65-62 victory over Fresno State marked a season sweep of the Bulldogs for the Aggies. The result is the 10th series sweep for the Aggies in league play since joining the Mountain West.
• Merrill has been the top marksman for the Aggies in league play, shooting 55.0 percent (61-of-111) from the floor, 51.6 percent (32-of-62) from behind the 3-point line and 88.2 percent (15-of-17) at the free throw line.
• McEwen has been the top rebounder for the Aggies in league play, averaging 6.7 boards per game. Over the last five games, McEwen is averaging a team-best 8.0 rebounds per game. McEwen leads the team with 86 defensive rebounds on the year.
• Utah State is averaging more than 10 3-point buckets per game over the last three games, sinking 11.0 per game over the three-game stretch.
• Utah State is 7-1 this season when recording more than 15 assists in a game and is averaging more than 15 per contest over the last three with 16.0 per game over the three-game stretch.
• Utah State is a perfect 10-0 on the year when taking a lead into the halftime break.
Scouting New Mexico
New Mexico is 11-11 on the year and 6-3 in the Mountain West after winning each of its last three games, including on the road at UNLV (85-81) and home games against San Diego State (79-75) and Colorado State (80-65).
The Lobos are averaging 79.4 points per game and shooting 43.2 percent (590-of-1,367) from the floor, 35.8 percent (241-of-674) from behind the 3-point line and 76.7 percent (326-of-425) at the free throw line. Individually, New Mexico is paced by a trio of double-digit scorers in Sam Logwood (12.9 ppg), Anthony Mathis (11.4 ppg) and Antino Jackson (10.5 ppg). Jackson leads the team with 91 assists and Joe Furstinger leads the Lobos on the glass, averaging 6.9 rebounds per game.
Defensively, UNM opponents are averaging 74.8 points per game and shooting 47.3 percent (588-of-1,243) from the floor, 36.9 percent (143-of-388) from behind the 3-point line and 69.3 percent (327-of-472) at the free throw line. Troy Simons leads UNM with 36 steals and Furstinger paces the Lobos with 30 blocks.
Head coach Paul Weir is in his first season, coming to Albuquerque following a 10-year stint at New Mexico State.
Austin Hansen Named...
LOGAN, Utah – Utah State head men’s basketball coach Craig Smith has named Austin...04/20/2018
Eric Peterson Named...
LOGAN, Utah – Utah State head men’s basketball coach Craig Smith has named Eric...04/20/2018
Tauriawn Knight Set to Join...
LOGAN, Utah – Utah State head men’s basketball coach Craig Smith announced the...04/17/2018
Transcript - Introductory...03/27/2018
Craig Smith Named Utah...
Utah State University Vice President and Director of Athletics John Hartwell announced Monday...03/26/2018
Koby McEwen Named Second-Te...
LOGAN, Utah – Utah State sophomore guard Koby McEwen has been named second-team all-distric...03/13/2018
Tim Duryea Relieved of His ...
Utah State University Vice President and Director of Athletics John Hartwell announced today (Mar...03/11/2018
Utah State Loses 83-68 to...
LAS VEGAS, Nev. - Utah State men's basketball lost, 83-68, to New Mexico on Friday night in its...03/10/2018
Official Aggie Gear