Live Stats | Listen Live | Game Notes
• Utah State stays on the road with a trip to Colorado State on Tuesday, Feb. 7, at 7 p.m. The game can be heard live on KVNU with Al Lewis providing play-by-play. Fans can also watch the game on ROOT Sports (Comcast Ch. 52/693HD, Dish Network Ch. 414, DirecTV Ch. 683/687) with Drew Goodman providing play-by-play, Dave Bollwinkel as the analyst and Marc Stout as the sideline reporter.
• Utah State and Colorado State will meet for the 95th time on Tuesday night the fourth-longest series in the history of Aggie basketball. USU leads the all-time series 57-37 and has won each of the last two games at Moby Arena.
Things Of Note
• Senior wing Jalen Moore is currently No. 13 on the all-time scoring list at Utah State with 1,474 career points. Moore needs one more point to move to No. 12, tying Nate Harris (2003-06) with 1,475 career points. Moore needs 26 more points to become just the 10th Aggie to record more than 1,500 points and 600 rebounds in his career.
• Freshman guard Koby McEwen matched Jaycee Carroll’s freshman single-game scoring record with 28 against UNLV (1/7) earlier this season. In all, McEwen has scored 20 or more points five times this season, two short of Carroll’s best of seven during his freshman season.
• Redshirt sophomore forward Alexis Dargenton is averaging 2.2 blocks per game over the last five games and has recorded at least two blocks in each of the last four.
• Utah State has been more aggressive in driving to the rim over the last three games and it has led to the Aggies averaging just under 30 (29.7) free throw attempts over the same stretch.
• Utah State has also been more aggressive on the glass, outrebounding each of its last three opponents by an average of 9.3 per game.
Scouting Colorado State
Colorado State is 15-9 on the year, 7-4 in the Mountain West and winners of four of its last five games, losing its only contest during the stretch against Boise State, 79-76.
The Rams are averaging 72.7 points per game and shooting 42.9 percent (583-of-1,359) from the floor, 33.9 percent (154-of-454) from behind the 3-point line and 74.3 percent (425-of-572) at the free throw line. Individually, redshirt senior guard Gian Clavell leads the team with 18.2 points per game and is followed by senior forward Emmanuel Omogbo with 14.2 and sophomore guard Prentiss Nixon with 12.5 points per game, respectively. Omogbo also leads CSU on the glass, averaging 10.8 rebounds per game, and redshirt sophomore guard J.D. Paige leads the team with 66 assists, averaging 2.8 per game.
Defensively, opponents are averaging 68.2 points per game against CSU and shooting 40.3 percent (572-of-1,421) from the floor, 31.0 percent (174-of-561) from behind the 3-point line and 67.1 percent (318-of-474) at the free throw line. Omogbo and Paige are tied for the team lead with 17 blocks on the year and the trio of Omogbo, Paige and Clavell share the team lead with 25 steals apiece.
Head coach Larry Eustachy is 102-57 at Colorado State, including a 2-5 mark against Utah State. Eustachy coached five season at Utah State (1993-98), compiling an overall mark of 98-53 during his time in Logan.
Series History Against Colorado State
Utah State leads the all-time series against Colorado State, 57-37, and has won five of the last seven. The Aggies are 7-17 on the road in Fort Collins and have won two straight at Moby Arena.
Last Time Against Colorado State
LOGAN, Utah - Senior wing Jalen Moore scored in double figures for the 31st consecutive time with 14 points, while freshman guard Koby McEwen added 13 points, but it was not enough as Utah State lost to Colorado State 64-56 on Jan. 21, at the Dee Glen Smith Spectrum.
Emmanuel Omogbo finished with a double-double, recording 20 points and 16 rebounds for the Rams, who never trailed on the night. Gian Clavell and Prentiss Nixon chipped in 15 and 14 points apiece, respectively, for Colorado State.
Senior guard Shane Rector added nine points off the bench for the Aggies to go along with a career-high seven rebounds.
Utah State trailed by as much as 16 points in the second half, but pulled to within six on two occasions with less than two minutes remaining. However, the Aggies would get no closer than that as the Rams made six of their final seven free throws on the night.
In the first half, Colorado State shot 51.9 percent (14-of-27) from the floor in building a 35-23 lead at the break. The Rams cooled off considerably after halftime and shot 42.9 percent (24-of-56), including 30.8 percent from 3-point range (4-of-13), for the game. Utah State shot just 36.7 percent (22-of-60) from the field, including 15.8 percent from beyond the arc (3-of-19).
Last Time Against Colorado State in Fort Collins
FORT COLLINS, Colo. – Utah State men’s basketball scored a season-high 96 points, the second 90-point game for the Aggies during the 2015-16 season, in a 96-92 victory at Colorado State on Jan. 16, 2016.
The win was highlight by a pair of double-doubles from senior guard Chris Smith and junior wing Jalen Moore. Smith tallied career highs of 35 points and 13 rebounds and was followed by Moore’s 16 points and a career-high 12 rebounds. The performance was the first pair of double-doubles by USU teammates in the same game since Jarred Shaw and Kyle Davis recorded 14 points and 10 rebounds and 11 points and 14 rebounds, respectively, against Wyoming on March 5, 2014.
Utah State’s bench generated a season-high 41 points, outscoring the Rams’ reserves 41-7. The bench was led by sophomore guard Julion Pearre with a season-high 19 and he was followed by redshirt junior forward Lew Evans with 12 points and junior guard Shane Rector with 10.
Tim Duryea Coach’s Show
Utah State head coach Tim Duryea will join Al Lewis on most Mondays throughout the men’s basketball season from 6:05 to 7 p.m. The next show is scheduled for Monday, Feb. 13, at the Pizza Pie Cafe on 1400 North.
Basketball Coach’s Luncheon
Utah State men’s basketball will host seven coach’s luncheons this season, hosted by Aggies Unlimited. The next luncheon is scheduled for Monday, Feb. 13, and will be held at the Zions Bank Building in Salt Lake City.
Utah State returns to the Dee Glen Smith Spectrum and hosts Wyoming on Saturday, Feb. 11 at 7 p.m. The game can be heard live on KVNU with Al Lewis providing play-by-play and Rod Tueller serving as the analyst. Fans can watch the game on the Mountain West Network, online at www.utahstateaggies.com/videos.
Utah State Back in Action...11/14/2017
McEwen Leads Utah State to ...
LOGAN, Utah – Sophomore guard Koby McEwen scored a game-high 20 points, to go along with...11/13/2017
Utah State Welcomes Montana...11/12/2017
Utah State Loses 65-59 at...
OGDEN, Utah - Utah State men's basketball (0-1) lost 65-59 to Weber State (1-0) Friday night at...11/10/2017
Utah State Opens the 2017-1...11/06/2017
Utah State Men’s...
LOGAN, Utah - Utah State head men’s basketball coach Tim Duryea has announced the additions...11/09/2017
Utah State Men’s...
LOGAN, Utah - Utah State men’s basketball played under the lights of the Dee Glen Smith...11/03/2017
Utah State Hosts the...11/01/2017
Official Aggie Gear