• Wyoming leads the all-time series against Utah State 50-27, including a 30-6 advantage in Laramie. The Cowboys have won seven straight on their home court.
• The series against Wyoming is the seventh-longest in school history for Utah State, totaling 77 games and beginning in 1925-26.
• Merrill has been the top marksman for the Aggies in league play, shooting 55.0 percent (66-of-120) from the floor, 51.5 percent (35-of-68) from behind the 3-point line and 87.0 percent (20-of-23) at the free throw line.
• McEwen has been the top rebounder for the Aggies in league play, averaging 7.3 boards per game. Over the last five games, McEwen is averaging a team-best 9.2 rebounds per game. McEwen also leads the team overall with 5.4 rebounds per game, making him the first guard to lead Utah State in rebounding since 2006-07, when Jaycee Carroll averaged 6.3 per contest.
• Utah State has tied its season high with 13 3-point baskets in back-to-back games. The Aggies are shooting better than 50 percent over the same two-game stretch, converting 51.0 percent (26-of-51) from behind the arc.
• Utah State is also shooting better than 50 percent from the floor over its last three games, knocking down 50.3 percent (80-of-159) of its shots from the field.
Wyoming is 15-8 on the year, including a 6-4 mark in the Mountain West, but is coming off of an 80-62 defeat at home against Fresno State.
The Cowboys are averaging 79.1 points per game and shooting 43.3 percent (590-of-1,364) from the floor, 33.2 percent (200-of-602) from behind the 3-point line and 75.2 percent (440-of-585) at the free throw line. Individually, Justin James paces Wyoming with 18.7 points per game, followed by Hayden Dalton and Alan Herndon with 17.4 and 12.2 points per game, respectively. Cody Kelley leads Wyoming with 64 assists on the year and Dalton leads the team on the glass with 8.3 rebounds per game, fifth in the Mountain West.
Defensively, teams are averaging 78.4 points per game against the Cowboys and shooting 43.1 percent (618-of-1,435) from the floor, 36.5 percent (186-of-509) from behind the 3-point line and 70.3 percent (381-of-542) at the free throw line. Dalton is also tops on the team with 22 steals and Herndon leads the Cowboys with 51 blocks, averaging a league-best 2.2 per contest.
Head coach Allen Edwards is in his second year at the helm in Laramie, guiding the Cowboys to an overall mark of 38-23 during his tenure.
Utah State Beats Mountain...
LOGAN, Utah – Fueled by 23 points and five assists from sophomore guard Koby McEwen, Utah...02/10/2018
Utah State Looking for...02/09/2018
Utah State Men's Basketball...
LARAMIE, Wyo. - Utah State men's basketball (13-12, 6-6 MW) lost at Wyoming (16-8, 7-4 MW) 83-65 ...02/07/2018
Utah State Back in Action...02/05/2018
Koby McEwen Named Mountain ...
LOGAN, Utah - Utah State sophomore guard Koby McEwen has been named the Mountain West Player of...02/05/2018
Tim Duryea Coaches Show...
LOGAN, Utah - Utah State head men’s basketball coach Tim Duryea will talk with radio host...02/05/2018
McEwen’s Career-High ...
LOGAN, Utah – Sophomore guard Koby McEwen scored the first eight points of the game for...01/31/2018
Utah State Hosts New Mexico...01/29/2018
Official Aggie Gear